Main Menu

Murder of Coastie

Started by Smokey, December 03, 2012, 12:59:25 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on December 14, 2012, 01:42:03 AM
Between the Mexican gov't sanctioning illegals coming here, their cross border incursions and the cartels killing our own here why we're not at war with Mexico is a question I don't understand.

War is, or should be, a last resort to a direct attack on the United States.

Having said that, I have heard rumours that Texas Wing aircraft have had radar locks by Mexican F-5's.

As old as they are, it's a wonder that they can fly or that the radar even works.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Майор Хаткевич

How would our planes know of the lock?

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: usafaux2004 on December 14, 2012, 05:14:17 AM

I wondered that myself.  I don't know of any of our birds equipped with RWR's.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Майор Хаткевич

I would imagineit being an "oh poop" moment though...

PHall

Quote from: CyBorg on December 14, 2012, 05:17:04 AM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on December 14, 2012, 05:14:17 AM

I wondered that myself.  I don't know of any of our birds equipped with RWR's.

Time to take that radar detector out of your car and put it in the airplane! >:D

a2capt

I guess this kind of thing must do Bad Things to their brains, their thought process .. because I just can not imagine over all what kind of "good" can come from a couple guys on a panga boat shooting at anything Coast Guard. It's not like they didn't see the CG Cutter there. Those things are quite armed. One shot and you've got a scuttling problem.

Yet.. they do it anyway. If they simply bolted and made a run for it they might have a chance. But provoke and engage them? Just not a good idea.

Like the Somalian pirates that fire on the US Navy occasionally. I'm pretty sure that anything the Navy has will outrun whatever rag tag piece of pirate junk they have, and if not .. once they've been provoked, they may just fire back. One shot. Ker-plunk. When we had a CG cutter in our local harbor, I saw that thing was impressively maneuverable. Almost like it turned on an axis, the width of the harbor in front of their dock was about 40 feet wider than the boat length.  The area was dredged out for them. Was sad to lose 'em, as it was a nice attraction for school kids, tours, etc., too.

Critical AOA

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on December 14, 2012, 01:42:03 AM
Between the Mexican gov't sanctioning illegals coming here, their cross border incursions and the cartels killing our own here why we're not at war with Mexico is a question I don't understand.

It would certainly be a better use of our forces than anything we currently have them doing overseas. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw