JefDG

Except for Uniforms
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JeffDG

Quote from: BillB on May 29, 2011, 06:51:50 PM
JefDG

Except for Uniforms
In that case, it's been solved many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, times.   8)

MSG Mac

Quote from: FW on May 28, 2011, 01:19:09 PMOn a side note; I don't remember so few stepping up for such important positions in the last 20 years.

There are always a few nominations from the floor before the position statements and balloting are conducted.

Good Luck Fred!! You'll be the first National commander from NER.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

James Shaw

Quote from: FW on May 28, 2011, 03:31:24 PM
The exchange of ideas should be welcomed.  Dissent should be embraced and, a true focus of what needs to be accomplished must not waive.
(I'm paraphrasing Drucker; BTW).

So does that mean that I wont be replaced when I continue my history of not being a "yes man"?
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Major Carrales

Best of Luck. Col. Weiss.  CAPTALKERS are a varied bunch...hopefully I have made no offenses over the years that are not irreparable.

For the sake of history, I recall the unfortunate instance of another regular CAPTALKER who was once made a WING COMMANDER for a day and then was never heard from again. :(  May that never be repeated.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JC004

Quote from: MSG Mac on May 30, 2011, 05:03:47 AM
You'll be the first National commander from NER.

Wait...whaaaaaaat?

Quote from: Major Carrales on May 30, 2011, 09:45:55 PM
I recall the unfortunate instance of another regular CAPTALKER who was once made a WING COMMANDER for a day and then was never heard from again. :(  May that never be repeated.

I have heard from Col Weiss that he plans to have all of the black vans repainted as white, with consistent branding, and distributed to the units, so I am sure wing commanders won't be disappearing.  heh heh.   >:D >:D

FW

Quote from: caphistorian on May 30, 2011, 09:32:14 PM
Quote from: FW on May 28, 2011, 03:31:24 PM
The exchange of ideas should be welcomed.  Dissent should be embraced and, a true focus of what needs to be accomplished must not waive.
(I'm paraphrasing Drucker; BTW).

So does that mean that I wont be replaced when I continue my history of not being a "yes man"?

How could CAP replace such talent as you, Len and Ed....  I mean who else wants to do what you do so well?   ;D

FW

Quote from: Major Carrales on May 30, 2011, 09:45:55 PM
Best of Luck. Col. Weiss.  CAPTALKERS are a varied bunch...hopefully I have made no offenses over the years that are not irreparable.

For the sake of history, I recall the unfortunate instance of another regular CAPTALKER who was once made a WING COMMANDER for a day and then was never heard from again. :(  May that never be repeated.

Sparky, I've enjoyed all your posts; whether I've agreed with them or not....
And, no matter what the outcome of the election, I will not forgo one of my favorite past times; contributing to CAP Talk.

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Col. Weiss,

Good luck for the elections.

Frank
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

FW

Thanks for all the well wishes and "nice words".  I want you all to know, I am listening.

Now that summer is closing in and there are about 8 weeks to go until the election, I invite you to watch for the new website: "ourCAP.org"   

It's my new website (currently under construction) and, will expand on my platform and vision which is now on my Facebook page (Col Fredric Weiss).

More to Follow...  ;)

JC004

Newsletter sign-up will be on that website soon, so be sure to sign up when that's there.

JC004

Hello, people!

The new site for Colonel Weiss is coming soon. 

In the meantime, head on over to learn a little about Colonel Weiss's background (more to come) and sign up for e-mail notifications:

http://www.ourcap.org/

Please also take the time to Like his Facebook Page (linked on the site as well).

kmbarnes1

Can you tell those of us who don't know about what is going on? Is there a general election where all CAP members get a vote (doubtful) or .... ? I'm still new to CAP and trying to learn about this. Is there a regulation(s) you could point me to?
Kurt Barnes, 1st Lt, CAP
Assistant Deputy Commander of Cadets
Information Technology Officer
Coastal Charleston Composite Squadron (MER-SC-056)

JC004

This is an election for National Commander and National Vice Commander by the corporate officers (wing and region commanders, as well as half a dozen national staff - these all make up the National Board). 

We are asking members to support Col Weiss with their National Board members and to begin engagement which will hopefully lead to taking the members' thoughts, ideas, and talents - putting them into action with Colonel Weiss as National Commander.  Members will have the opportunity to ask questions, get answers, and begin the process of member engagement that will help the organization go forward.

HGjunkie

I'm supporting so I can get that bug off my screen.  :P

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

bosshawk

Why get rid of it: it is so CAP?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

ol'fido

If we all get stuff that symbolizes CAP for our signature blocks, can I get a mushroom-KITD/FOHS. ;D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006