We have GOT to get rid of the term "Senior Member!"

Started by JohnKachenmeister, October 07, 2010, 05:03:57 PM

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Smokey on October 08, 2010, 10:39:44 PM
While we are at it....we need to dump  "Senior Squadron".  I've had the same problem as Kack.   I've had folks tell me they didn't contact a senior squadron to join as they thought it was for those over 65.  They joined a composite squadron because they believed that was all they could join. (Not knocking composite squadrons in any way). 

The misperception by the PUBLIC is a problem for recruiting, public relations and the like.  I would like to see senior squardon replaced with .....squadron.  Plain and simple.  Instead of Senior Squadron 40 or Podunk Senior Squadron 40 it would be Squdron 40 or 40th Squadron. 

Discuss...

Yes, Iand I call our unit the 122nd Civil Air Patrol Squadron.  I don't use the term "Senior."  I live in Florida.   There's a lot of meaning attached to "Senior" here, mostly involving a discount on breakfast at Denny's.
Another former CAP officer

BillB

One of the requirements for membership in CAP is to be a citizen of the United States. So when a cadet turns 21 and moves to the dark side does he become a Senior Citizen?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Eclipse

Quote from: BillB on October 09, 2010, 12:18:20 AM
One of the requirements for membership in CAP is to be a citizen of the United States.

No, it isn't.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: BillB on October 09, 2010, 12:18:20 AM
One of the requirements for membership in CAP is to be a citizen of the United States. So when a cadet turns 21 and moves to the dark side does he become a Senior Citizen?

Nope, I speak from experience on this one, you need to be a Citizen, a Lawful Permanent Resident (ie. a Green Card holder) or be in some lawful status (me, I'm an L-1) and receive a waiver.