AFIADL/AU Course testing

Started by Walkman, October 24, 2009, 11:17:59 PM

Walkman

So, all I need to do to finish my PAO Tech rating and get 1LT is to take the AU PAO course test. Thing is, I'm not really sure how the process works. Our TO is very green, and I can't get a hold of the Wing TO. So, how does on take this test and get credit?

THX

lordmonar

Go the AU site.....you will have to open a ticket requesting your test be sent to the WING TCO who will forward it to your TCO.

The link for this is on the cap university page.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Walkman

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I have the course4 and the test and I'm ready to take the test. I'm not sure who admins the test and how it gets scored and credited.

arajca

You should not have the test. Your Test Control Officer (TCO) should have it. They are responsible for maintaining test security.

Your unit TCO proctors you taking the test. When taking the test, mark the correct answers on the test booklet. When you've finished that, fill out the answer sheet, put in the enclosed envelope and put in the mail. You should get results back in 6-8 weeks.

If you get results back in that time, have your TCO contact AU A4/A6 to see if they received the test. If not, your TCO will need to request a new test and the TCO will fill out the new answer sheet using the answers you marked in the test booklet. You do not fill out the replacement answer sheet.

If you fail the first time, AU A4/A6 will automatically send out a new test and you repeat the process.

Once you have received your results, give your Personnel Officer a copy of your postcard and inform your TCO so they can destroy your test. AU A4/A6 only informs National of AFIADL 13 course completions.

Walkman

Is the TCO at the wing level or is my SQDN TO that person?

arajca

The correct title is Test Control Officer, not Testing Officer at all levels.

davidsinn

How does it work if the TCo hasn't taken the test yet? I'm getting ready to order ECI13 test but none of us has taken it yet.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

arajca

Walkman

Thanks for the info! Just what i needed.

davidsinn

Quote from: arajca on October 25, 2009, 03:02:15 PM
Direct your TCO to CAPR 50-4, Test Administration and Security.

I'm assuming you mean Para 1-6? The commander hasn't taken it yet either. I think my only solution is to contact wing PDO and let them figure it out.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

lordmonar

Quote from: davidsinn on October 25, 2009, 09:20:28 PM

I'm assuming you mean Para 1-6? The commander hasn't taken it yet either. I think my only solution is to contact wing PDO and let them figure it out.

I don't see what the problem is.....the commander can admister the test to the TCO with out looking at the test questions and only checking the answer sheet for completeness not try to memorize the answers.

Same issue for a TCO who has not take some test they are adminstering to anyone else.

This is one of the reasons why we have to pick people with the highest integrity to be our TCOs.

davidsinn

Quote from: lordmonar on October 26, 2009, 04:01:44 AM

I don't see what the problem is.....the commander can admister the test to the TCO with out looking at the test questions and only checking the answer sheet for completeness not try to memorize the answers.

Same issue for a TCO who has not take some test they are adminstering to anyone else.

This is one of the reasons why we have to pick people with the highest integrity to be our TCOs.

But it's a test compromise to leave the test unattended with someone that hasn't taken it yet.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

lordmonar

Quote from: davidsinn on October 26, 2009, 04:30:51 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on October 26, 2009, 04:01:44 AM

But it's a test compromise to leave the test unattended with someone that hasn't taken it yet.
No it's not.  TCO's don't have to take all the tests that they can possibly proctor....it's just not reasonable.

You pick TCO's who know their job and know they should not be reading the tests they are protoring.  They get their commanders to proctor their tests, who in turn do not look at the test material any more then they must do the job.

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on October 26, 2009, 06:17:33 PM
No it's not.  TCO's don't have to take all the tests that they can possibly proctor....it's just not reasonable.

You pick TCO's who know their job and know they should not be reading the tests they are protoring.  They get their commanders to proctor their tests, who in turn do not look at the test material any more then they must do the job.

+1  Common sense and treat people like adults. 

"That Others May Zoom"

Ozzy

Can anyone tell me how I can order the AFIADL-13/ECI-13 test? I just received the material but I was told by my squadron cadet programs officer that I had to order the test now. I thought when you registered that it was automatically sent to Wing PD then down to group to squadron.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Eclipse

(As an FYI, the test must be completed, within a calendar year from ordering the materials, not ordering the test. Extensions may be requested.)

Link: http://tinyurl.com/yhf4kwb

How to Request AFIADL Tests or Get Assistance

Upon completion of a course, students must use the AFIADL Customer Help Desk (https://www.auecampussupport.com/vdoc/index.jsp) to request a course exam. You can also use this same site to request a change of address, name correction, extend course completion date (maximum extension is 4 months), or request other assistance.

Caution: This is not a secure website. Do not include your full Social Security Number in any correspondence being sent to this website. Use only the last four digits of your SSN.

Use the information below to request a Course Exam:

Go to the AFIADL Customer Support web site: https://www.auecampussupport.com/vdoc/index.jsp.
You must register with this site, if you have not previously done so.
Then click on the "Ask a Question/Request" tab.
In the "User ID" text entry block, enter your e-mail address.
In the "Question Data" block, enter your full name, last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN), and request the Course Exam be sent to the Test Control Facility Shred Code established for your Wing.
In the "Categories" text entry block, select "Civil Air Patrol courses" from the drop-down list.
In the "Course Name/Number" block, enter the Course name and AFIADL course number; example: CAP Sr. Officers Course 00013.
In the "Branch of Service" block, select "Civil Air Patrol" from the drop-down list

When you have completed the form, click "Submit Question."  AFIADL will respond with an e-mail to confirm receipt of your request.  AFIADL will send an e-mail answering your inquiry or request additional information.  AFIADL will mail the course exam to your wing Test Control Officer (TCO).  The wing TCO will be forwarded the test to your unit TCO.  If you need further assistance please contact Ms. Jennifer Carroll at jcarroll@capnhq.gov, or: (toll free) 877.227.9142, Ext. 210.

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

^^^ OK. Wait a sec-

Do I need to order the test? There was a test with an answer sheet with what was sent to me, and I gave that over to the TCO tonight. Was that a practice test, and I still need to order the official test?

Eclipse

Yes.

The real test is sent separately and is handled under TCO rules. 

Its been a while since I took the class, but anything included with the materials is not the real test.

"That Others May Zoom"