Main Menu

Personnel Question

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, November 29, 2013, 01:36:16 AM

West MI-CAP-Ret

I'm completing my organizational chart for my group.  Is there a report I can get from eService that would give me a roster for my group that lists all the jobs we have?  I'm been playing with the reports section of eServices and the closest thing I can find is select a job, and it will give me a name as to who is occupying that position.  This is not what I'm looking for.  Maybe eServices doesn't list personnel in this way?

Oh, I'd be remiss not to wish everyone a safe and restful Thanksgiving for you and your family and friends!!

Warmly, Dave from Wes Michigan
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

SARDOC

I'm think you are looking for the "Duty Assignment" Report.  You have to be assigned to Group Staff to look at it but it will provide you every person serving in a staff role for the group.  Select All Positions and Do Not click the unit only box.

Private Investigator

Quote from: DemonOps on November 29, 2013, 01:36:16 AM
I'm completing my organizational chart for my group.  ...

CAPR 20-1, figure 10 on page 15. Since you are the Group Personnel Officer you should know who goes into every spot on Group Staff.

What I would suggest on a org chart, is keep it clean. When I was an IG one unit I inspected had it in font 6 because they wanted everyone, 60+ members shown on it and you needed a magnifying glass to read it. 

arajca

Quote from: Private Investigator on November 29, 2013, 04:04:47 PM
Quote from: DemonOps on November 29, 2013, 01:36:16 AM
I'm completing my organizational chart for my group.  ...

CAPR 20-1, figure 10 on page 15. Since you are the Group Personnel Officer you should know who goes into every spot on Group Staff.

What I would suggest on a org chart, is keep it clean. When I was an IG one unit I inspected had it in font 6 because they wanted everyone, 60+ members shown on it and you needed a magnifying glass to read it.
Second this. At one time, I was directed to include everyone on the org chart in every position they are listed.  After an hour of trying to keep it to a reasonable size (11x17) and readable by average people, I gave up and just listed the primaries on the chart and a separate list of all the assistants on a separate sheet posted below that.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Back to the OP. E-services seems not aware of what staff positions are applicable to what echelon. (Ex. you can appoint a vice commander for a squadron) 

From a programming point of view that would be the first step in producing a report "show all positions for Group X and who is assigned (if anyone)"

Based on that I think you can only get who is assigned for a given unit.