Main Menu

Level 1

Started by abdsp51, February 03, 2012, 04:30:18 PM

abdsp51

On the average, how long does it take to finish?

EMT-83

No reason why it should take more than a couple of weeks.

My goal is within 30 days for all new members.

lordmonar

A week.
Once you get your CAPID...you can log into eservices.

You have to do:
1. OPSEC
2. Intro to Safety
3. Cadet Protection
4. Equal Opportunity
5. CAP Foundations.

OPSEC should take maybe 30 minutes....and a one question test.
Intro to Safety may take an hour
Cadet Protection has a pre-test and then some reading.  After you have finished that you will have to have the "summary conversaton" with your commander.
Equal Opportunity should take maybe 30 minutes
CAP foundations may take 2-3 hours at the most...and your tests have to be reviewed by your PD officer or commander.

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap_university/level_i_foundations.cfm
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RADIOMAN015

I would think a "motivated" member should be able to get this done in about 2 to 3 weeks.  The issue may be that some training on line require an ID card #, so that could slow up the process.

HOWEVER, IF there's a member that hasn't at least read the on line level 1 foundations material http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/level_i_foundations_course.cfm they can get access to by the 30 day mark, then it's questionable whether they really are motivated enough OR may lack basic functional skills that may limit their contribution to the unit :(
RM   

abdsp51

I have my old id # which I gather I would receive upon entry correct? The rest all seems simple enough, and cannot be no worse than the AFs cbts.

stillamarine

I just had to redo my entire level 1 because my break in service was over 2 years. Make sure you redo the OPSEC even though it will say its already completed. We finally emailed national and they said I had to redo OPSEC. Even though it showed complete in eServices. It finally showed all complete yesterday. Now we have to do the paperwork to reinstate my grade.

Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

NCRblues

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 03, 2012, 09:28:25 PM
I have my old id # which I gather I would receive upon entry correct? The rest all seems simple enough, and cannot be no worse than the AFs cbts.

Can anything be worse than CBTs? Especially the flight line driving one and the NBC one.....  ::)
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

abdsp51

Quote from: NCRblues on February 03, 2012, 10:26:31 PM

Can anything be worse than CBTs? Especially the flight line driving one and the NBC one.....  ::)

Being told by the Army my fire team and I need to mechanically  zereo our M4s because they didnt believe they were properly done in the first place and that we needed a four hour M68 class and day long M4 class.  Or basically being told you don't know anything because you havent been taught it yet by us.

lordmonar

Quote from: NCRblues on February 03, 2012, 10:26:31 PM

What?!  You don't like the little talking bomb!?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

abdsp51

Ummm the IA one is worse and so is the ER one.

davedove

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on February 03, 2012, 05:07:04 PM
The issue may be that some training on line require an ID card #, so that could slow up the process.

If the unit staff is on the ball, that shouldn't be a problem.  I know when a new member has applied, so I watch for their name to appear in eServices.  At that point I email them with their ID# and tell them how to access the Level I training.  After that, it's up to them to actually do it.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

abdsp51