CAP Form 66

Started by Michael Mazanec, September 23, 2016, 01:31:37 AM

RogueLeader

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on September 23, 2016, 06:00:16 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on September 23, 2016, 05:59:06 PM
Again, CAPR 10-2 Table 11, Rule 2:  under the Includes section:
CAP cadets (e.g., CAPFs 2, 2a, 7, 15, 31, 50-series, 52-series, 66, 77, 95, 120)

In that case, again:

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R010_002_Chg_draft_comment_period_A28389BB702EE.pdf

When it comes into effect, you would be correct, until then- what I posted is correct.

You can even have them electronic copies, that's fine, but you still have to have a form 66 "somehwere" for each cadet.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Not to mention, E-Services does not yet allow for form 2a awards yet, and those awards are listed on the form 66.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

The point is that you don't need to use a digital F66, which is a manual, paper, outdated, confusing format. Digital records allow for a lot more versatility.

Michael Mazanec

I really appreciate every ones input. Thank you all for it. By any chance, has anyone done or heard of some one taking the paper version of the 66 and setting it up the same way as the 45, where you don't need a special printer to do 11x17 paper in order to be able to print and read it properly? The 45 online is broken up into 4 8.5x11 pages and even has an optional download where you can type in the members info.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 23, 2016, 07:20:06 PM
You can even have them electronic copies, that's fine, but you still have to have a form 66 "somehwere" for each cadet.

If you want to make you life harder, so be it.  The 66's haven't been required since NHQ stopped printing them.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

CAP cadets (e.g., CAPFs 2, 2a, 7, 15, 31, 50-series, 52-series, 66, 77, 95, 120)

In that case, again:

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R010_002_Chg_draft_comment_period_A28389BB702EE.pdf

When it comes into effect, you would be correct, until then- what I posted is correct.

The verbiage went into effect 4 years ago, as cited in this thread.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: mpmazanec on September 23, 2016, 07:41:29 PM
I really appreciate every ones input. Thank you all for it. By any chance, has anyone done or heard of some one taking the paper version of the 66 and setting it up the same way as the 45, where you don't need a special printer to do 11x17 paper in order to be able to print and read it properly? The 45 online is broken up into 4 8.5x11 pages and even has an optional download where you can type in the members info.

If you're going to persist in using a 66 for every cadet, your time would be better spent just filling in the electronic versions of them for each cadet,
vs. printing manual ones.

"That Others May Zoom"

Michael Mazanec

Quote from: Eclipse on September 23, 2016, 07:46:17 PM

If you're going to persist in using a 66 for every cadet, your time would be better spent just filling in the electronic versions of them for each cadet,
I am just looking at my options and trying to do what I can for our SUI tomorrow night. Our Commander stepped down and took a leave of absence 3 weeks ago, and he was also our admin and personal officer since it was a small senior staff in a Cadet Squadron before a bunch of us past members came back.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: mpmazanec on September 23, 2016, 07:55:17 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on September 23, 2016, 07:46:17 PM

I am just looking at my options and trying to do what I can for our SUI tomorrow night. Our Commander stepped down and took a leave of absence 3 weeks ago, and he was also our admin and personal officer since it was a small senior staff in a Cadet Squadron before a bunch of us past members came back.

PM sent.

Eclipse

Quote from: mpmazanec on September 23, 2016, 07:55:17 PMI am just looking at my options and trying to do what I can for our SUI tomorrow night. Our Commander stepped down and took a leave of absence 3 weeks ago, and he was also our admin and personal officer since it was a small senior staff in a Cadet Squadron before a bunch of us past members came back.

You can't fix a broken SUI overnight, nor should you try.

You'd be better off just to accept the discrepancy and then close it after rather then trying to cram like it's finals week.

SUIs are not supposed to be looked at like an exam, they are supposed to be a snapshot of operations to inform
the next higher HQ how you are doing. Clearly you have issues, especially with a CC who will be no be around,
just let it go and fix what you're told to fix.

On a side note, I have no idea how a CC can just up and leave with other people holding the bag, especially
with an SUI looming.  It's one thing to have a functional staff in place, it's another to just drop everything
and hope it comes out OK on the other side. 

Group or Wing should be heavily involved in this situation, your people should not be doing this alone, the night before.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

FWIW, as an aside, I have a CAPF 66 dated Sep 63, from when the "Sorenson program" was introduced.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Michael Mazanec

Quote from: Eclipse on September 23, 2016, 08:05:19 PM
Quote from: mpmazanec on September 23, 2016, 07:55:17 PMI am just looking at my options and trying to do what I can for our SUI tomorrow night. Our Commander stepped down and took a leave of absence 3 weeks ago, and he was also our admin and personal officer since it was a small senior staff in a Cadet Squadron before a bunch of us past members came back.

You can't fix a broken SUI overnight, nor should you try.

You'd be better off just to accept the discrepancy and then close it after rather then trying to cram like it's finals week.

SUIs are not supposed to be looked at like an exam, they are supposed to be a snapshot of operations to inform
the next higher HQ how you are doing. Clearly you have issues, especially with a CC who will be no be around,
just let it go and fix what you're told to fix.

On a side note, I have no idea how a CC can just up and leave with other people holding the bag, especially
with an SUI looming.  It's one thing to have a functional staff in place, it's another to just drop everything
and hope it comes out OK on the other side. 

Group or Wing should be heavily involved in this situation, your people should not be doing this alone, the night before.
Our CC has major medical issues causing him to leave rapidly like he did, but still, the info and records that he was in possession of should have been maintained better than they were.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: SarDragon on September 23, 2016, 08:09:16 PM
FWIW, as an aside, I have a CAPF 66 dated Sep 63, from when the "Sorenson program" was introduced.

Can you take a picture/scan one for posterity/sharing? Would be great to take a look at one of those.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on September 23, 2016, 07:43:28 PM

In that case, again:

The verbiage went into effect 4 years ago, as cited in this thread.

Acknowledged.  However, still not everything is not online via E-services, WIMRS, et al.  Thus, there are still sections of the Form 66 that are still needed required.  Never once in this thread said that the form 66's had to be printed out then scanned into a pdf.  What we do is have a "Blank" e-file that we copy, paste, rename with new members name, then edit those files for that member.  We have a senior File and a Cadet file with the relevant forms, subfolders as needed.  If the data is in e-services great, it doesn't get updated on those forms.  If it's not on E-Services or a CAP Database, it gets entered into their Dropbox file, which also takes care of the data backup.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on September 23, 2016, 08:11:08 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on September 23, 2016, 08:09:16 PM

Can you take a picture/scan one for posterity/sharing? Would be great to take a look at one of those.

Done. This one is cleaned up in PS to get rid of the personal information. And it's only the front page. I didn't scan the rest.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Were the achievements assigned different ribbons before? For example, Wright Bros and Goddard are not sequential whatsoever.

SarDragon

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on September 23, 2016, 09:32:02 PM
Were the achievements assigned different ribbons before? For example, Wright Bros and Goddard are not sequential whatsoever.

I think so. Also, the achievements weren't linked to the grades. We ("enlisted" cadets) all took the same achievement at the same time, in a classroom environment The tests were paper, and scored at NHQ. When one book was finished, we moved on to the next one in the cycle. Ribbons were worn in the order earned, IIRC. Or not. That was 50 years ago.

I have no Curry, since I did my first achievement prior to the transition at my squadron.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on September 23, 2016, 10:35:03 PM
I have no Curry, since I did my first achievement prior to the transition at my squadron.

...and Curry was still alive...

"That Others May Zoom"

GaryVC

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on September 23, 2016, 09:32:02 PM

I think so. Also, the achievements weren't linked to the grades. We ("enlisted" cadets) all took the same achievement at the same time, in a classroom environment The tests were paper, and scored at NHQ. When one book was finished, we moved on to the next one in the cycle. Ribbons were worn in the order earned, IIRC. Or not. That was 50 years ago.

I had forgotten that there wasn't an order for the achievements. I have my form 66 dated 1966 and it says any achievement to be promoted. However, each achievement was tied to a specific ribbon. It made things easier when all the cadets who weren't officers were working on the same achievement. The ribbons that have carried over are similar to the ones now but without the cartoon characters on them.

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on September 23, 2016, 10:39:11 PM

...and Curry was still alive...

As were 14 of the 19 people who have had training ribbons named after them. There's only one left - Yeager.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret