Main Menu

how to apply for slt

Started by 1st Sgt Bronco, April 25, 2016, 02:22:09 AM

1st Sgt Bronco

How do i apply for slt? Do i have to apply when my wing is excepting applications for cadet cadre or not?

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: lordmonar on April 25, 2016, 02:41:19 AM
What is SLT?
Sea Level Toffeemaking, a very competitive program. >:D

lordmonar

Quote from: JeffDG on April 25, 2016, 04:01:55 AM
What is SLT?
Oh....well in that case you got find the Golden Ticket hidden inside the expired MRE.

kwe1009

Quote from: JeffDG on April 25, 2016, 04:01:55 AM
What is SLT?

It took me 3 years to get accepted into that training!  Well worth it though.

Garibaldi

Oklahoma in Northwest Region? Somethin' amiss...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Spaceman3750

Cadet,

Check with your chain of command. It looks like it is part of summer encampment but I'm not positive.

1st Sgt Bronco

Slt is staff leadership training at summer encampment. I just wanted to know if I had to apply for it when my wing was taking applications for cadet cadre or not....Oklahoma is in the Southwest region

Майор Хаткевич

THRAWN

Wait, we got a new region? Reminds me of a toast that was made one to the Chief of Staff of the Navy....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

The OP is a 13 year old - we should cut her some slack!

LTC Don

My SIL once saw me with my MER t-shirt on and thought we had CAP in the UAE.   :o
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

THRAWN

Quote from: LTC Don on April 26, 2016, 04:25:13 PM
My SIL once saw me with my MER t-shirt on and thought we had CAP in the UAE.   :o

When I moved from the NER to the MER, I got the same reaction. I had a cartoon somewhere that I made of a camel with a CAP paint scheme. If I can find it, I'll post it.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

lordmonar

Quote from: adeline blackwelder on April 26, 2016, 02:22:19 PM
Slt is staff leadership training at summer encampment. I just wanted to know if I had to apply for it when my wing was taking applications for cadet cadre or not....And yes Oklahoma is in the northwest region
I would assume yes.

Check with your wing cadet programs director (after asking your chain of command).  Also check the wing web page.

Good luck.

Anthony@CAP

Cadet,

There may not be someone here that is familiar with the Oklahoma Wing encampment procedures as we a spread out across the country and each wing can have it's own procedures. I would ask your squadron commander, and if he doesn't know the answer, ask him if you can reach out to the Wing Point of Contact (POC) for the event to ask the question. It looks like they have contact information on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OKencampment

On a side note, when requesting assistance from a wide audience (such as an online forum) I would encourage you to avoid using abbreviations when you first mention something. It can help provide some clarity and make it easier for others to understand the issue. I would also always include a bit of background on the request, for example that it is for Encampment, and whether you are applying to attend or to be on staff. In this case it was complicated by local terms that aren't common nationally (Cadet Cadre isn't an official national term, and neither is Staff Leadership Training) but you likely didn't realize this.

Best of luck!

1st Sgt Bronco

Thank you for your help. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear I guess I didn't realize slt wasn't a national term used by everyone. But thanks again.