enlisted service coats?

Started by XxXxX_JAMMIN_MEMAYS_XxXxX, January 03, 2016, 03:24:18 AM

XxXxX_JAMMIN_MEMAYS_XxXxX

can enlisted wear service coats? if so what are the guidlines

PHall

Okay, the standard answer is "What does CAPM 39-1 say". But, short answer, yes you can.
But read what the manual says so you'll understand.

lordmonar

Also check with your local squadron.   Some of them have local UOD policies
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

kwe1009

All CAP cadets under 18 are authorized to wear the service coat.  All CAP cadets over 18 and all Senior Members who meet the weight standards are authorized to wear it.

With that said, it does not mean that it can be worn to meetings.  That is up to your squadron leadership.

Grumpy

Something that wasn't mentioned.  The enlisted service coat is the one without epaulets and without the officer's stripe on the sleeve.

THRAWN

Quote from: 574006 on January 03, 2016, 03:24:18 AM

Are you asking about Seniors or Cadets?
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: THRAWN on January 04, 2016, 07:19:17 PM

Methinks it was a cadink who asked the question.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 04, 2016, 07:38:00 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on January 04, 2016, 07:19:17 PM

Methinks it was a cadink who asked the question.

He's a cadet, newer I believe.

In this case, I would say this:
Ask your chain of command/First Sergeant.

777Pilot

Like everyone else said. Yes enlisted can wear service coats, but before you do it go up the chain and ask if it is appropriate to wear at meetings.
C/CMS
First Sergeant for 5 months. Cadet Commander for 8. Getting my Pilots License through CAP.
MSA-Training
UDF-Qualified
MRO-Training
ICUT-Certified
IS-100&700

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: 777Pilot on January 12, 2016, 03:10:40 AM
Like everyone else said. Yes enlisted can wear service coats, but before you do it go up the chain and ask if it is appropriate to wear at meetings.

The lad makes a good point about asking if it's appropriate to wear, versus just wearing it because it's authorized.

At our squadron, our CC authorized the wear of the service coat as part of the Blues uniform. However, depending on the environment, I would argue that there are times when it's appropriate and times when you should not be wearing it. One is an office working uniform, the other is more formal, but not dress, attire. When teaching a class, I would expect to generally see a cadet in Class B, no blazer.

I see quite a few seniors wearing their Blues, and there's always that one or two in Class As with the blazer, and it looks like overkill.

SarDragon

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on January 12, 2016, 03:20:24 PM

The lad makes a good point about asking if it's appropriate to wear, versus just wearing it because it's authorized.

At our squadron, our CC authorized the wear of the service coat as part of the Blues uniform. However, depending on the environment, I would argue that there are times when it's appropriate and times when you should not be wearing it. One is an office working uniform, the other is more formal, but not dress, attire. When teaching a class, I would expect to generally see a cadet in Class B, no blazer.

I see quite a few seniors wearing their Blues, and there's always that one or two in Class As with the blazer, and it looks like overkill.

You refer to the blazer twice here, and it's confusing, since Class A's and B's are AF style, while the blazer is a corporate uniform. So, which are you really talking about?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: SarDragon on January 13, 2016, 06:20:50 AM

You refer to the blazer twice here, and it's confusing, since Class A's and B's are AF style, while the blazer is a corporate uniform. So, which are you really talking about?

Service coat.

My bad. I always forget that CAP has the corporate blazer. Doesn't the Air Force refer to the "service coat" as a "jacket?"

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on January 13, 2016, 08:10:01 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on January 13, 2016, 06:20:50 AM

Service coat.

My bad. I always forget that CAP has the corporate blazer. Doesn't the Air Force refer to the "service coat" as a "jacket?"

No. It is a coat. USAF calls it a coat. Best way to tell is to look at the label.

(Jackets are typically waist length. Coats are longer. Hence, service coat, rain coat, "Ike jacket...")

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.