How to sign up for AFIADL

Started by carnold1836, March 07, 2007, 01:14:21 AM

carnold1836

So how does one go about getting signed up with AFIADL so they can take the 00013 (CAPSOC) training and test?
Chris Arnold, 1st Lt, CAP
Pegasus Composite Squadron

Psicorp

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Camas

Here you go- this might be what you're looking for.

carnold1836

Thanks guys.

I'm still aways from needing to actually do this for level 2 but no need to wait for the last minute.

Psicorp

It's a lot of information, and you have a year to take the exam from the date you enroll, so you shouldn't wait till the last minute.  You don't want that to be the thing that holds up a promotion.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

carnold1836

I'm still 9 months from 1st LT and then another 18 before I have TIG for Capt, so I think getting started now will provide me with enough time to get through the course.

Holy crap I just realized that it's 2 and a quarter years before I have TIG for Capt. :o

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: carnold1836 on March 07, 2007, 05:27:21 AM
I'm still 9 months from 1st LT and then another 18 before I have TIG for Capt, so I think getting started now will provide me with enough time to get through the course.

Holy crap I just realized that it's 2 and a quarter years before I have TIG for Capt. :o

Don't feel bad, Chris... I've already completed my requirements for Levels II and III and still hafta wait til July before pinning on Captain. And three more years for the golden bottlecaps and farts and darts!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

RogueLeader

I know a guy who has 2 master ratings, 2 senior ratings, as well as 1 tech; has level III, about half of Level IV done and won't make Capt for another couple months
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DNall

I'd encourage you to go ahead & take the Senior Officer Course (13) now rather than later. It's very introductory material to orient you to the AF, CAP history, some very basic leadership, & written/oral communication. Best thing is they send you a hard copy of the T&Q. If you wait till you've been around for a couple years it becomes a tedious amount of review. Content-wise, it is about half the pre-course material AF OTS students do before showiong up to training. It really should be part of Lvl I, only reason it isn;t is they don't figure those folks have their brains turned on yet.

RogueLeader

As it is in Iowa, I know- another IAWG thing, the CAP OTS get therir AFIADL 13 course as part of the training.  I've been in for about 2 and a half years now, and its more of a review than anything else.  I would have liked to have taken the course fairly early on.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

carnold1836

Quote from: DNall on March 07, 2007, 06:30:11 PM
I'd encourage you to go ahead & take the Senior Officer Course (13) now rather than later. It's very introductory material to orient you to the AF, CAP history, some very basic leadership, & written/oral communication. Best thing is they send you a hard copy of the T&Q. If you wait till you've been around for a couple years it becomes a tedious amount of review. Content-wise, it is about half the pre-course material AF OTS students do before showiong up to training. It really should be part of Lvl I, only reason it isn;t is they don't figure those folks have their brains turned on yet.

Thats my plan, to go over the info over a period of time. In fact we have several new members that I think I'm going to get going on this so we can study together, if that is allowed.

DNall

sure & it's a good idea. I've been talking about that with twos & threes here 7 there, but never made it happen. I'd break up the material between everyone & have each one teach a section to the others. Good practice.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: RogueLeader on March 07, 2007, 06:11:04 PM
I know a guy who has 2 master ratings, 2 senior ratings, as well as 1 tech; has level III, about half of Level IV done and won't make Capt for another couple months

More information please!  lol... I want to hear about this.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: DNall on March 07, 2007, 06:30:11 PM
I'd encourage you to go ahead & take the Senior Officer Course (13) now rather than later.  Best thing is they send you a hard copy of the T&Q.

Well, back when I enrolled - 2006 - I never recieved the T&Q ; though I have it from ROTC
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on March 08, 2007, 04:50:18 AM

It isn't too terribly hard to do so if you're a hard-charger. I'd question the two master ratings, unless training carried over from a break in membership.

I have two senior ratings (Personnel and Admin), working on a third (Cadet Programs - just need the time in specialty, everything else is done). If you get lucky to have the wing and region conferences within commuting distance (TX Wing Conference in Plano and SW Region Conference in Dallas last year) that's another couple of requirements outta the way. Get CLC done when it's offered, and I have some of the Level IV requirements done, but I'm gonna coast for a little while, 'cause I'll more than likely be serving as Worthy Patron at my local Eastern Star chapter in 2007-08.

Railroad tracks in July, gold bottlecaps and farts-and-darts three years later.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

RogueLeader

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 08, 2007, 10:01:35 AM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on March 08, 2007, 04:50:18 AM

It isn't too terribly hard to do so if you're a hard-charger. I'd question the two master ratings, unless training carried over from a break in membership.

I have two senior ratings (Personnel and Admin), working on a third (Cadet Programs - just need the time in specialty, everything else is done). If you get lucky to have the wing and region conferences within commuting distance (TX Wing Conference in Plano and SW Region Conference in Dallas last year) that's another couple of requirements outta the way. Get CLC done when it's offered, and I have some of the Level IV requirements done, but I'm gonna coast for a little while, 'cause I'll more than likely be serving as Worthy Patron at my local Eastern Star chapter in 2007-08.

Railroad tracks in July, gold bottlecaps and farts-and-darts three years later.
Oh, he's very good.  There was no tapes in membership, but he had to go through all the FO grades.  He's well repected by basically all in the wing.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

acarlson

To go direct and enroll in any of the CAP AFIADL...
http://www.maxwell.af.mil/au/afiadl/
Under Forms:  AU 23 (pdf) For use by sister service enrollees... 
complete the form as instructed... print a page for your file before you submit.

To order your test:
http://www.maxwell.af.mil/au/afiadl/
Go to the 2nd column "Enrollment & Extensions" or http://afiadl.custhelp.com
Use the online Q&A Custome Support to request your test and/or extension, and provide
Your Name...  Last 4 of SSN... and "Request Course Exam be sent to Test Control Facility #__________
Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA