Main Menu

ABUs

Started by MadGrak, September 15, 2011, 05:14:12 AM

AngelWings

^ :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Private Investigator

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 05, 2013, 06:27:28 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on August 05, 2013, 08:52:15 AM
Still got a "shrunked up" set of them in the retired clothing closet.  8)

A few more pounds and this will fit comfortably. My dad gave me his old shirt from the 80s.

I hope he has his pants on  :'(

PHall

Why are you looking down there? >:D

Brad

Quote from: NIN on August 05, 2013, 06:15:34 PM
I know some people here already have ABUs.

The plumed hats and sabres are in the closet.

Like these?

Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

NIN

Weaksauce.

More like this:

BTW, I think those belts are a player, too.  Mostly cuz they're a reversible PT belt...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

ol'fido

Here you get the plumed hat and the bling:

http://germanhistorydocs.ghi-dc.org/images/8706780.jpg

Schutzenfest: That's my kind of party! ;)
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Shuman 14

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 03, 2013, 10:33:36 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on August 03, 2013, 08:49:10 PM
Quote... it seems like we are trying to copy what the air force use to use during Vietnam.

Beaucoup dinky dao  ???

Numba 10.

Hey Gee Eye, buy me drinkie?  ;)
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

GroundHawg

Quote from: ARandomCadet on June 08, 2013, 08:01:15 PM
Quote from: GroundHawg on October 01, 2011, 08:15:10 PM

3. The USAF and US Navy still wear Woodland Camo.

Both are in phase out. The USAF replaced them with the ABU and the USN and USCG with the NWU. We will be one of the few who still wears them. (I think some SDF's still wear them?) I pray we just go back to OD Green. Wishfull thinking on my part I know, but its my dream so  :P
Actually the USCG isn't considering the NWUs and the desert camp is similar to the DCUs but are different, they are keeping the ODUs.

I didn't say they were ditching the ODUs. The USCG, when deployed wears the green or desert NWU. PSUs wear the NWU, MSST, wear the NWU, RAID teams wear the NWU, any USCG member when imbedded with another service wear the NWU... you get the drift.

And to complete the perfect necro post, I have tied in a bagpipe to go with the kilt/bagpipe thread....

Brad

Quote from: NIN on August 06, 2013, 10:32:49 AM
Weaksauce.

More like this:

BTW, I think those belts are a player, too.  Mostly cuz they're a reversible PT belt...

I'm hoping to become a KT one of these days. Still need to get started on my York Rite stuff though, just a regular blue lodge Master Mason at the moment.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Private Investigator

Quote from: PHall on August 06, 2013, 05:51:20 AM
Why are you looking down there? >:D

Uniform inspection protocol; I noticed something was missing between his gigline and his boots   >:D

Garibaldi

Just started the Doctor Who episode "A Good Man Goes to War" and discovered something I hadn't noticed the last time I saw the ep. The military people are all wearing ABUs. And they aren't supposed to be Earthlings or anywhere near the 21st century.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

HGjunkie

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 07, 2013, 11:38:50 PM
Just started the Doctor Who episode "A Good Man Goes to War" and discovered something I hadn't noticed the last time I saw the ep. The military people are all wearing ABUs. And they aren't supposed to be Earthlings or anywhere near the 21st century.

It's the BDU of the Future.

Or so they say... That episode struck me as odd with the berets too.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Garibaldi

Quote from: HGjunkie on August 08, 2013, 07:41:29 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on August 07, 2013, 11:38:50 PM

It's the BDU of the Future.

Or so they say... That episode struck me as odd with the berets too.

Oh, and the altered AF logo...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

This was the most recent, unlocked thread on the subject.

The Senate wants one pattern as well.  I'd say the writing is on the wall, and some sources say
the date is 2018.  So now you have both the house and the senate indicating they want a multi-service
combat uniform.  I may not have to buy that steak after all.

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130801/NEWS07/308010041/Senators-join-push-toward-common-combat-uniform

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-09/camouflage-uniforms-of-many-colors-questioned-in-congress.html

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20130811/LOCAL12/308119933/1028/local12

"That Others May Zoom"

tsrup

The writing is on the wall eclipse...

Unless CAP is deploying to Afghanistan any time soon, the Multi-cam style camouflage will be further away than the ABU uniform.

Medium or medium rare is what you should be concerned about.
Paramedic
hang-around.

NIN

Quote from: tsrup on September 04, 2013, 09:02:21 AM
Medium or medium rare is what you should be concerned about.

Nice!
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

a2capt

I know that whatever uniform they settle on, I'll wear it properly, and go on with our mission. Because that's what matters.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on September 05, 2013, 03:37:45 AM
I know that whatever uniform they settle on, I'll wear it properly, and go on with our mission. Because that's what matters.

Bah! Typical!  A few more people with your attitude and we'd...oh, wait...

"That Others May Zoom"

Honor Guardsman

CAP's name tapes are actually being switched some time soon to a different color more like a greyish. The American flag on our shoulder is also being amen away as we'll I anticipation to the a is most likely in 2016-2018.

abdsp51

Quote from: Honor Guardsman on September 14, 2013, 09:10:01 PM
CAP's name tapes are actually being switched some time soon to a different color more like a greyish. The American flag on our shoulder is also being amen away as we'll I anticipation to the a is most likely in 2016-2018.

Cite.