Main Menu

ABUs

Started by MadGrak, September 15, 2011, 05:14:12 AM

SarDragon

I have a reasonable sense of humour.

I do not, however, have much patience regarding off-the-wall, whacked-out proposals for uniform changes, all too many of which are serious. There are hundreds of posts on here suggesting one thing or another, with almost zero hope of consideration or implementation. The attempts at humour just aren't funny any more.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Nuke52

Quote from: SarDragon on January 01, 2013, 08:06:00 PM
The attempts at humour just aren't funny any more.

YMMV.

You're right, we should probably stop trying, then...

I kid, I kid.  ;)
Lt Col
Wilson Awd

PHall

Quote from: Nuke52 on January 01, 2013, 09:20:25 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on January 01, 2013, 08:06:00 PM
The attempts at humour just aren't funny any more.

YMMV.

You're right, we should probably stop trying, then...

I kid, I kid.  ;)

No, you really do need to stop.  >:D

Eclipse

I grabbed the most recent of the eleventy-twelveteen messages on this subject.

For those of you who would assert that the woodland camo BDU is no longer being worn by any US military,
the Seabees on base are still wearing their version of the woodland BDU.  The Seals are also still wearing it.
I saw a bunch of them today with my actual eyeballs.

This photo is about a year old but shows the evolution:

The one on the left is the "AOR", in the middle is the NWU, and on the right is the Seabee variant of the BDU.

In fact, woodland camo is still worn as trousers on carrier decks by various specialties, and the DCU is even still in use
in some select areas.   On a cursory look again today, I can't find a final wear-out date for the woodland camo.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

I heard at a TLC, that a staffer at national shared that we're getting ABUs Spring 2014, with a short 18month phaseout on BDUs.  >:D

ProdigalJim

But I want. The Tigerrr Stripes....  >:D  >:D
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Eclipse

When can we have the digitals?.

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

Guys I heard we're getting Multicam by an official source.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

cylercj554

What do you mean "multicam"? People use that word way too often. Sorry if I sound dumb, sir.

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

abdsp51

Quote from: HGjunkie on January 18, 2013, 11:46:48 PM
Guys I heard we're getting Multicam by an official source.

Cite.  I can tell  you the multicam pattern is far more expensive than the ABU and has far less cold weather options as well. And that pattern is worn only in the OEF region or in transit to and from not for home station wear.

Eclipse

Duck man, it's flying right over your head...

"That Others May Zoom"

Abby.L

Does anyone find it weird that the OP has yet to respond? He has, with his single post, managed to provoke more posts in response than I ever could.

Just a little odd, methinks....

<Edit: awkward wording>
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Eclipse

The OP was likely a drive-by who didn't realize what he was asking.

I just put my comment here because it was the most recent of the field uniform discussions.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

I long ago came to regard anyone saying they had a line on CAP getting ABU's as either misinformed, joking or lying.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

PHall

The OP was a troll who got his money out of this one.... ::)

SarDragon

Well, he made one post, and we've been nattering on about it for 16 months now. Sounds like a pretty good drive-by to me.

Time for a lock, mods!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JK657

If you lock it you're only inviting another ABU thread be started in less than a week. At this point it should just be left up and maybe we won't rehash the same thing over and over.

Abby.L

Quote from: JK657 on January 19, 2013, 05:49:10 PM
If you lock it you're only inviting another ABU thread be started in less than a week. At this point it should just be left up and maybe we won't rehash the same thing over and over.

Oh my god... I think that made the most sense out of anything in this thread...  :o
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

fadiaz

Quote from: Levi Lockling on January 19, 2013, 06:44:07 PM
Oh my god... I think that made the most sense out of anything in this thread...  :o

Like and +1...!!!   ;D