DC homeland defense mission

Started by RiverAux, January 17, 2007, 05:22:44 AM

RiverAux

CAP got some absolutely outstanding coverage in the Washington Post today in this story http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/16/AR2007011601755.html about night-time radar and intercept missions over the capital. 

Can't get a lot more high profile than this. 

Major Carrales

I made a forward of this story via a link to all my contacts.

Keep 'em Flying,
Major Carrales
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

afgeo4

Very good article... kudos to your Public Affairs and the rest of your members too!
GEORGE LURYE

JohnKachenmeister

I can't open the link.  I think its because I bought my laptop from a guy named Ahmed who kept looking over his shoulder.
Another former CAP officer

Major Carrales

Remember Public Affairs can make or break CAP.  Metaphorically hug your PAO next chance you get (observing PDA guidelines).

And now, Maj John Kachenmeister will join Major Joe Ely Carrales is a second chorus of that stirring patriotic theme "GET A SMILE from the GAO, DON'T FORGET the PAO!"  ;D

Commander
SWR-TX-454

JohnKachenmeister

I finally got the link to open.  Great story.  Very few technical errors.
Another former CAP officer

JAFO78

Way to go guys. It even made another web page www.airliners.net
JAFO

SarDragon

I just got an inquiry from a local retired F-15 jock asking what we are doing locally to support HLD. Looks like we're getting some publicity.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Major Carrales

Quote from: SarDragon on January 17, 2007, 10:55:55 PM
I just got an inquiry from a local retired F-15 jock asking what we are doing locally to support HLD. Looks like we're getting some publicity.

What did you tell 'em?  "We're waiting for the missions to be defined...standing ready?" and give him the the contact info to the National Ops center or, even better, the national PAO?

This is an example of how PA can serve to better the CAP by increasing the profile.

Commander
SWR-TX-454