Main Menu

TYFYS

Started by raivo, March 23, 2019, 03:12:36 AM

raivo

"If anyone has anything to add that pertains to the original topic, PM me and we'll open this back up."

Thank you, CAPtalk moderators, for your fearless defense against the terrifying threat of Star Wars fan humor.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Pace

The topic was answered and drifted into irrelevant, non-CAP banter. Per site policy, the topic was closed. We've locked threads for less. Don't like it? Contact us directly and let's chat; or just don't come to this site. Calling out the mod team for something clearly off-topic won't end in your favor.
Lt Col, CAP

raivo

Quote from: Pace on March 23, 2019, 03:28:09 AMPer site policy, the topic was closed.

Your site policy sucks. I am happy to discuss that with you.

Quote from: Pace on March 23, 2019, 03:28:09 AMCalling out the mod team for something clearly off-topic won't end in your favor.

The US government has NDAs on file from me, that could (however unlikely) result in my execution, should I violate them. Being banned from a CAP Internet forum is not that scary to me, by comparison.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

NIN

At the end of the day, the site admins and mods run things. 

Discussing the mod policy is one thing, surely. Dan laid it out. The thread in question went pretty far afield pretty quickly.

One of the prime complaints about CAP-Talk's efficacy was that a) it wasn't accepting to "new" members ("use the search function!") and b) the topics tended to drift wildly. We've begun addressing both those concerns.

Being snide about the mod policy is not doing a lot to win friends and influence people. The CAP-Talk sandbox everybody plays in here is paid for and run by others. If don't like the mod policy, hey, thats cool. Discuss it.

Otherwise, you're showing up to someone else's house party and complaining that you don't like it because they don't have your brand of pretzels or that the host was unhappy because you peed on the rug.  Its uncouth.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

As the "offender" in all this, I offer no apologies.

I shut down two threads around the same time, both for going way off track. In one of them, I was a major contributor to the problem, and decided I should set the example.

In the other, I offered the opportunity to open it back up if someone had any additional contributions to make. The Membership Forum was not the place for an extended discussion of Star Wars humor. I'm a pretty big fan of that universe, but there's a time and a place for it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret