Earhart certificate

Started by Walkman, October 17, 2015, 06:53:27 PM

Walkman

Our c/CC completed everything for his Earhart on Tuesday and everything is complete in eServices. This next meeting we're holding his promotion ceremony before he heads out of the country for a while (along with the change of command ceremony). I'm assuming I'll get his Earhart certificate in the mail like the Mitchell (this is my first time with an Earhart cadet), but if it doesn't arrive by the meeting time does anyone know of a printable version I can use as a placeholder? I've Googled and search through the CAP site but can't find anything.

Storm Chaser

Unless he's not coming back, I would just do the promotion ceremony and do the Earhart presentation at later time. Do you already have a presenter lined up for your next meeting? According to CAPR 52-16, the Earhart Award should be presented by the wing commander or other notable community leader or dignitary of similar stature. If you don't have anyone like that presenting the award, I would definitely wait until you have the actual certificate and a suitable presenter.

kwe1009

Quote from: Storm Chaser on October 17, 2015, 08:07:28 PM
Unless he's not coming back, I would just do the promotion ceremony and do the Earhart presentation at later time. Do you already have a presenter lined up for your next meeting? According to CAPR 52-16, the Earhart Award should be presented by the wing commander or other notable community leader or dignitary of similar stature. If you don't have anyone like that presenting the award, I would definitely wait until you have the actual certificate and a suitable presenter.

That is how we do it.  They are promoted at the next ceremony and then we have a special ceremony for the certificate presentation.

Walkman

Unfortunately, he's leaving the next week for two years in Ghana.

The Wing CC and Wing Director of Cadet Programs and our Group CC will be there.

SarDragon

Sounds like it's time for a phone call to NHQ.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: SarDragon on October 18, 2015, 02:42:56 AM
Sounds like it's time for a phone call to NHQ.

That, or it may very well make it in time. We've been getting Awards quite quickly in the last few years.

As for copies...if I doesn't pan out, I can scan mine, or IIRC, someone had already done that on here before.

Walkman

I called NHQ this morning and she was going to scan and email me a blank so I could present one. Good info for anyone that has this kind of issue in the future.

Regarding turn-around at NHQ. I submitted & approved his promotion in eServices Tuesday evening late. They mailed the cert on Thursday and I got it in the mail today. They are on the ball!