Color guard and drill team standards

Started by abdsp51, October 13, 2013, 06:55:34 PM

Should cadet color guard and drill team members be held to a higher standard?

yes
9 (31%)
no
10 (34.5%)
conditional
10 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: November 03, 2013, 06:55:34 PM

abdsp51

Just gathering data and opinions on this.  There is no right or wrong answer, keep to the topic.

Elioron

Higher standard of what?

Leadership?  They should be held to the standard of their achievement within the program.  Anything else would make Color Guard of more importance in the Cadet Program than it should be.

Behavior?  No more than any other staff.  Staff should always be held to a higher standard because they are the examples.

Uniforms & Drill?  Yes.  These should be the best cadets you have in these areas anyway, but they are specifically the example of these aspects of the Cadet Program.
Scott W. Dean, Capt, CAP
CDS/DOS/ITO/Comm/LGT/Admin - CP
PCR-WA-019

lordmonar

No.

Color Guard and Drill Team members should be more proficient in drill and ceremonies and have great attention to detail WRT uniforms.....but as far as the normal cadet standards?  No there is no need for them to be held to a higher standard then any other cadet.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

abdsp51

Elioron

Quote from: abdsp51 on October 13, 2013, 07:06:49 PM
Please vote gentlemen.

The reason I didn't vote was because the answer, IMHO, is both - it's conditional.  Since you didn't qualify the question, I don't feel comfortable submitting a definitive answer.
Scott W. Dean, Capt, CAP
CDS/DOS/ITO/Comm/LGT/Admin - CP
PCR-WA-019

abdsp51

Quote from: Elioron on October 13, 2013, 07:11:25 PM
The reason I didn't vote was because the answer, IMHO, is both - it's conditional.  Since you didn't qualify the question, I don't feel comfortable submitting a definitive answer.

Noted.

PHall

I voted NO because all cadets are expected to meet the same standards.
Just because you can drill well doesn't make you any better then the next cadet.

Fubar

I voted no. I expect all cadets to be held to the same high standard.

capchick121

Cadets should all be held to the same standard. However, color guard always seems to motivate the newer cadets to become that squared away individual. Something about color guard makes the others want to be better...to want to be on color guard. So if they are held to a higher standard it will raise the standard of all the cadets...I vote yes.