Cadet POV's at RON/Away Activities

Started by a2capt, December 26, 2010, 06:58:30 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: Ron1319 on January 06, 2011, 02:36:19 AM
And the problem DOES exist.  We have almost no Phase IV cadets left in the program and almost no cadets over 18.  They are our most valuable cadets to pass on good, mature leadership to the next generation. 
Which has 100% absolutley nothing to do with POV's at encampments (or cubicles for that matter).

My entire argument has only been specifically that we need to not unnecessarily put restrictions on cadets, especially if it costs us retention

It.

Doesn't.

In fact, the only members who tend to make an issue of this are seniors who are unaffected, assuming cadets care.

I used to drive away from my college friends to go to CAP stuff.  There was real value in it both for me and those I was in charge of.

And the value is diminished because you don't have instant access to your car?

The majority of cadets don't think this is an issue, or that their rights as adults are being unfairly infringed
because by a long shot the majority of 18-21 year old cadets are not functioning as independant adults.

Most are either in the early phases of military training, college on mom and dad's dime, or
living at home, doing the best they can trying to figure out what to do with their lives and
hoping they have a functional plan before Mom or Dad rents out their room.

"That Others May Zoom"

PA Guy

And the problem DOES exist.  We have almost no Phase IV cadets left in the program and almost no cadets over 18.  They are our most valuable cadets to pass on good, mature leadership to the next generation. 

Does anyone know what kind of numbers we are talking about?  How many 18+ cadets are there in CAP?  How many are in pick a wing?  My sense is that the number has been about the same for many yrs or maybe even up a little.