Main Menu

Service ribbons

Started by I_Am_Twigs, March 05, 2018, 05:30:58 PM

I_Am_Twigs

So I am eligible for the recruiter ribbon and the red service ribbon. I've been recognized for these awards at our awards banquet last year, after the banquet I asked my DC if 'm able to wear them now and he said that our wing commander told him that these ribbons must be approved by the wing commander. Yet when I go into eServices and enter these ribbons their pending status says "Pending unit CC approval"

CAPR 39-3 says:
QuoteWing commanders award activity and service ribbons to members of their staffs and to
members of units within their wings. Authority to award these activity and service ribbons may be
delegated to group and squadron commanders at the discretion of the wing commander.

Both of these ribbons fall under this reg

So as of now I'm utterly confused, who approves the ribbon? The wing commander or the unit commander?
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

MSG Mac

Usually the Wing Commander delegates the minor awards to the Squadron or Group Commanders. When you input them through E-services, the Unit Commander must approve them before they go up to WIng.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member