Onboard Safety Messages

Started by Luis R. Ramos, October 30, 2016, 10:18:34 PM

Luis R. Ramos

Earlier today I made a search on an unrelated topic, and found that Air New Zealand had made an onboard safety message. You know, that message that says "put on your safety belt," "use masks," etc. that all airlines show at the beginning of the flight. That looks a little boring. That some people ignore...

The one I saw was liked by a lot of people, seen by 5 million! Others found it gender insensitive, and that it "objectified" women. I kept looking, and Air New Zealand has been very, very active and innovative in these messages. There are about other 8 or 9 not as strong as the first one. Although I will not post a link to those I found above, I also found two more that exemplify this kind of approach to those messages. They are inspired on the works by Tolkien The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Follow this link for Air New Zealand's Onboard Safety Video based on The Lord of the Ring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOw44VFNk8Y#t=254.464562

Air France also has a similar approach, maybe not as racy as those of Air New Zealand but as good as them.

All these videos are on Youtube.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer