WWII pictures of CAP members in uniform

Started by BradM, June 03, 2011, 08:52:49 PM

BradM

Hello, I'm looking for WWII pictures of CAP members in uniform. Anyone have some they can post for me? Thank you. :)
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

AdAstra

Brad,

TeamCAP.org is adding photos all the time.

Try CAP Uniform History

From Maine to Mexico has a lot of photos of everyday members in uniform.
Charles Wiest

Allen

in the words of my squadron commander Major Frank E Merrill "He who sweats learns quickly" :)
C/SrA Dawnyale Allen
GLR-IN-802

BillB

In that first photo,   http://www.incountry.us/captalk/34933479_CivilAirPatrolStudyingMeteorology.jpg       CAP NEVER wore enlisted stripes upside down. The Army Air Corp stripes CAP wore were with the point up. It wasn't until long after World War II that cadets switched the stripes from point up to point down. Senior member NCOs wore USAF style

Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Allen

in the words of my squadron commander Major Frank E Merrill "He who sweats learns quickly" :)
C/SrA Dawnyale Allen
GLR-IN-802

BillB

Don't feel bad, that photo is a good example of the various ideas people had in World War II on the CAP uniforms. If you can find them, the World War II photos show various uniform combinations, many unapproved, that members wore depending on local conditions. I saw one photo taken in 1943 showing a member wearing the old World War 1 helmet, which had been discontinued in 1942. The only people that wore that style were Air Raid Wardens, CAP was supposed to have switched over to the new style. Besides the man was aeraing a May West jacket meaning he was on flight status. There were so many uniform Air Corp style combinations that CAP wore, it would be hard to list them all. Many were unauthorized, but that didn't stop CAP from wearing them.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Allen

Quote from: BillB on June 05, 2011, 12:57:01 AM
Don't feel bad, that photo is a good example of the various ideas people had in World War II on the CAP uniforms. If you can find them, the World War II photos show various uniform combinations, many unapproved, that members wore depending on local conditions. I saw one photo taken in 1943 showing a member wearing the old World War 1 helmet, which had been discontinued in 1942. The only people that wore that style were Air Raid Wardens, CAP was supposed to have switched over to the new style. Besides the man was aeraing a May West jacket meaning he was on flight status. There were so many uniform Air Corp style combinations that CAP wore, it would be hard to list them all. Many were unauthorized, but that didn't stop CAP from wearing them.

Oh, I see so what did the real uniforms look like
C/SrA Dawnyale Allen
GLR-IN-802

PWK-GT

This one is my fave from the Squadron archives....
"Is it Friday yet"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: PWK-GT on June 05, 2011, 03:42:22 AM

This one is my fave from the Squadron archives....

Too small. :/

Where's the one of the East German Athlete ladies?