Air War College Distance Learning

Started by LSThiker, February 24, 2015, 06:26:02 PM

LSThiker

I did a previous search and while there were other threads talking about the course, they were all relatively old (2005-2010). 

Has anyone taken the AWC DL?  If so, what electives are available?  What is the general structure of the courses?  About how long does it take?

It seems like the only information I find from AETC is this page, but it does not really go into details:
http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/dl_main.aspx

And their "old" one is out:
http://www.au.af.mil/au/404.asp

THRAWN

Redo your search with quotes: "air war college"...lots of more recent results, and your answer might be in there. Might even get a valid url for the school....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

LSThiker

Quote from: THRAWN on February 24, 2015, 06:31:28 PM
Redo your search with quotes: "air war college"...lots of more recent results, and your answer might be in there. Might even get a valid url for the school....

Already did.  The most relevant threads were from the 2005-2010 timeframe.  The most recent was a "critique" of AWC from an outside source that was not too favorable about the whole PDE.  None seemed to answer my questions.

AirDX

This looks like the current link:

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/

I'm doing ACSC right now if you have any general questions about dealing with the bureaucracy.

Edit: I guess that's the same place you found.  It's hard to get much info from outside the .mil domain and without a CAC card.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

THRAWN

Quote from: LSThiker on February 24, 2015, 06:44:14 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on February 24, 2015, 06:31:28 PM

Already did.  The most relevant threads were from the 2005-2010 timeframe.  The most recent was a "critique" of AWC from an outside source that was not too favorable about the whole PDE.  None seemed to answer my questions.

Drat. So much for my 5 seconds of "research". Wish I could help. I'm waist deep in Naval War College right now. If I start looking at any more PME my wife will slug me.
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

AirDX

Quote from: THRAWN on February 24, 2015, 08:09:22 PM

Drat. So much for my 5 seconds of "research". Wish I could help. I'm waist deep in Naval War College right now. If I start looking at any more PME my wife will slug me.

Did you get into Naval War College via CAP or another route?
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

THRAWN

Quote from: AirDX on February 24, 2015, 08:13:11 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on February 24, 2015, 08:09:22 PM

Did you get into Naval War College via CAP or another route?

Through another route. Last PME that was CAP-helped was ACSC.
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

LSThiker

Quote from: AirDX on February 24, 2015, 07:59:24 PM
I'm doing ACSC right now if you have any general questions about dealing with the bureaucracy.

Thanks.  I already took ACSC as my level V route.  Just a little "bored" so I was thinking of taking AWC. 

Ed Bos

I'm enrolled in AWC now. PM if you have any questions I may be able to answer.
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001