Need asistance with Unit emblem

Started by Strick, July 31, 2009, 06:57:26 PM

Strick

Hey folks, I have a concept design for a group patch but I need some one with a good graphics program and some artistic design to help.  I was able to put togther the concept in paint.   Any help would be great.  If it makes it to production I will give the artist 2 patches and the credit in the unit history.

Thanks
[darn]atio memoriae

Thom

Well, I'm a fair hand at Photoshop and Illustrator, but I have NO artistic abilities, whatsoever.

If you are wanting Patches made, have you contacted a Manufacturer?  Did they give you a format/size/file type/color space that they wanted you to use to prepare your submission?

If you can't find anyone else to give you a hand, PM me and let me know.  At worst, I can help you get the concept into AI or AP with minimal fuss once you have the artistic part done.

Thom Hamilton

DC

Typically patch companies will do digitizing and concept art for you, but they may charge extra for it, it just depends on the company.

Eclipse

Quote from: DC on July 31, 2009, 08:51:48 PM
Typically patch companies will do digitizing and concept art for you, but they may charge extra for it, it just depends on the company.

That's fine for something which won't need to meet a specification or higher hq approval, but a unit insignia is a different story.

Your insingina should be fully approved and thought-through before it goes to a vendor.  They all have limitations in their abilities, and you don't want them drawing things in a certain way, or discouraging detail or color choice just because their machine isn't capable or they don't stock that thread.

BTDT.

If no one else is helping you, I'm actually seeing the light on my to-do list.  PM with a real email and we can exchange info and you concept drawings.

"That Others May Zoom"