OK, you're just doing this to "sell" your proper uniform 1-sheets, right?   ;D

"That Others May Zoom"

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Eclipse on September 25, 2008, 07:43:19 PM
OK, you're just doing this to "sell" your proper uniform 1-sheets, right?   ;D

Moi;) ;D >:D ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

PHall

I wouldn't whack on the guy with the cloth grade insignia on his flight suit.
The plastic encased stuff hasn't been available for over a year and actually, the white on blue insignia is what we asked the Air Force for.
And actually, it doesn't look too bad either. I've seen much, much worse.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: PHall on September 26, 2008, 01:20:39 AM
The plastic encased stuff hasn't been available for over a year and actually, the white on blue insignia is what we asked the Air Force for.

I agree, it's not too bad and the background is distinctive enough to distinguish us from the RealAirForce®. But you know how it goes...  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on September 26, 2008, 01:20:39 AM

The plastic encased grade is fully available, I recently ordered some myself, and Vanguard is not the only source.

As to what looks better, etc., that's irrelevant to the conversation.  If he were one of my guys, I would shake his hand, thank him sincerely for his service, and quietly direct him to fix his uniform before he wears it again.  I have personally been involved with evals where CAP-RAPS have directed IC's to ground members for similar infractions (in that case it was metal grade on the shoulders).

Are you saying that I can choose to wear metal grade on my service coat because I can't find appropriate epaulet sleeves?
Where's the line?  This isn't a case where one reg conflicts another, the verbiage is clear on this.

Most of the others in the pic are in golf shirts, which require no configuration.  If you want to wear the cool duds, you wear them right.

There's also the issue of not publishing the photo publicly.

"That Others May Zoom"

DNall

I also recently confirmed with vanguard that plastic encased is avail, and ordered when they said it was. Apparently not yet from Hock, or they would have got my business instead.

I don't like the stuff, wish they'd change to cloth (inexpensive & looks better), my pref would be for full color on OD background or dark blue background for the blue flight suit. But, of course we're not talking about what uniform policy should be, we're talking about what it is and our responsibility as leaders to enforce that standard.

It is tough. A SaREx is one thing, but when life &/or property are on the line & you're desperately short resources, there's a smell test that has to be applied to how critical you can be.

In other news... the photo recon mission is continuing at least thru Sat. We're reevaluating the ELT mission each day - we're able to keep it open for a couple three more weeks to operate on wknd or when we have resources, but we're not taking sat hits & when the photo flights stop we won't be getting pireps to guide off, plus the batteries are dying out. CG can't find anyone in distress, so they don't care about signals. That's their typical attitude. AF is more of the opinion that they need to clear the false signals so it doesn't impede actual emergencies if/when they happen, but they don't want to burn a lot of resources either.

And... dvd of me looking all cool is going to NHQ/PA in about a week. Yall will love that one. It really does make CAP look awsome. It's just bonus that I come off looking super cool in the process. Pretty disappointed it's not on their website.

DNall

Eclipse

So, is it 9:13 or 9:14?  I mean COME ON!   ;D

"That Others May Zoom"

Capt Rivera

Quote from: DNall on September 24, 2008, 05:48:10 AM
well little update from the field. Took a TV crew from ABC-13 out with us on GT today to Tiki Island. This is their third story on CAP since Ike started. They did an awsome report!!! It was in general extremely good coverage of CAP in action and as a professional organization. However, it was especially super awsome cause I was pretty much the star of the show. Yall will really love this one, assuming they ever put freakin video up on their website. If not, we're waiting on a dvd copy.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=6404441

hope this is part of it... enjoy
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

DNall

That's the aircrew sortie from a few days before. Took the same reporter with us on a GT sortie to Tiki Island. Tiki is bayside of the I45 bridge into Galveston. Bottom floors are built w/ breakaway walls, which are all washed out just as designed, lots of damage, debris piles 8ft+ all along most of the roads like snow drifts up north.

The report starts out talking about potentially dangerous situation, EPIRBs still going off all over town, degrades ability of sats & rescuers to pinpoint actual emergencies. Shows some generalized UDF type stuff being explained, then 2-3mins of me snagging an EPIRB off a really nice 30ft+ offshore sport fishing boat (that's piled up sideways between two houses, pretty well screwing all the above. (Guy on the bow end of the boat just closed on that house 4wks prior to the storm.); explaining the beacon, why we need to turn them off, coordinating with CG, overview of what we've been doing, etc.

It looks pretty cool. We're waiting on a dvd, and I understand NHQ will post the video clip when they get their copy.

Capt Rivera

//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org