Main Menu

Marine Corps CFT

Started by stratoflyer, August 25, 2008, 04:46:54 AM

stratoflyer

In addition to the PFT, Marines will soon have to perform a semi-annual CFT (Combat Fitness Test).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwTMnWbSZgA

Seems also like a neat activity for cadets, with some alterations of course.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

hatentx

isnt this really what a FTX or other training exercises do.  It would allow a small group leader to look at his troops and tell if he is ready for combat.  I just dont see why another test is needed when training and upholding the standards is Sergeants Business anyways.

lordmonar

Well if you got time for an FTX.

If you are an infantry unit...you may have plenty of time for training....but maintenance, admin, comm, medical, trans, supply....they don't have the nearly the opportunity to have a full blown FTX.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DNall

Quote from: hatentx on August 25, 2008, 04:55:10 AM
I just dont see why another test is needed when training and upholding the standards is Sergeants Business anyways.

Dude I need an NCO and a masters degree just to set up that course. Seems like it'd smoke you pretty good. It looks like a good deal to set up for PT.

The better answer in reality is that we don't need a PT test and this. We need a better PT test, and that's what the Army is working on right now. They're going to modify what we got and add some elements kind of like what you're seeing here. I'm really not sure of the details, and the one guy we got on here who got the progress brief is on vacation now. I'm not sure of the timeline either. I had heard it was six months out, but it's not looking like that yet. We'll see.