Main Menu

Christmas Loot

Started by ♠SARKID♠, December 27, 2007, 06:40:03 AM

Stonewall

Quote from: SARMedTech on December 28, 2007, 01:45:08 PMYep. They have already found homes. One in my duffel and one in my 72 pack. You threw out hats?!?  Blasphemer!

You know, I'd point and laugh I know people who point and laugh at people like you.
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 01:50:09 PM
Quote from: SARMedTech on December 28, 2007, 01:45:08 PMYep. They have already found homes. One in my duffel and one in my 72 pack. You threw out hats?!?  Blasphemer!

You know, I'd point and laugh I know people who point and laugh at people like you.

I'm glad to see that you are still so sharp and spry at your age. God bless Centrum Silver.  Snotty old fart! ;)
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Stonewall

Yep, just checked.  I truly threw out like $100 worth of junk free hats.  Paraclete, Blackhawk, Battlelab, Safariland, 2 5.11 hats, Winchester, and a few more.  I just couldn't stand having them sitting in a drawer taking up space.

This is the only hat I really wear anymore....  Find a good hat and stick with it.

Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

That's for sure, I found a RedHead baseball hat at Bass Pro shops over the summer and its the only thing I put on my head anymore.

What's a 5.11 hat?

"That Others May Zoom"

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 01:58:01 PM
Find a good hat and stick with it.

Indeed.

Of all the swag hats I've wound up with over the years, the one I actually wear is a battered ball cap from Fawcett's chandlery in Annapolis. It just seemed to break in well.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

SARMedTech

Quote from: Eclipse on December 28, 2007, 03:18:11 PM
That's for sure I found a RedHead baseball hat at Bass Pro shops over the summer and its the only thing I put on my head anymore.

What's a 5.11 hat?

In this case, a fleecewear stocking cap made by 5.11 Tactical.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Stonewall

Quote from: Eclipse on December 28, 2007, 03:18:11 PMWhat's a 5.11 hat?

5.11 Tactical is a company that makes "tactical clothing" for EMS, Fire, LE, and all the hooah types out there.  5.11 pants are what made 5.11, 5.11.  Originally made by Royal Robbins, they became their own clothing line.  Now they make everything tactical under the sun.

Check out their site:  http://www.511tactical.com/
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 05:21:54 PM

5.11 Tactical is a company that makes "tactical clothing" for EMS, Fire, LE, and all the hooah types out there.  5.11 pants are what made 5.11, 5.11.  Originally made by Royal Robbins, they became their own clothing line.  Now they make everything tactical under the sun.

OK, so 511 is actually a brand that's become a generic, like Kleenex and Ketchup?

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

Nope, 5.11 is a company/brand.  But you wouldn't look at a set of fatigue pants and call them "5.11s".  You may ask "are those 5.11s", as in the brand, but no, they are not the ketchep, xerox or kleenex of tactical pants.  Especially since they have about 5,000 other products.
Serving since 1987.

flyerthom

Quote from: mikeylikey on December 28, 2007, 03:51:07 AM

Holy Crap!  You got a Plane for X-Mas?!?!?!?!

Found a good deal and made one with She who must be obeyed (She gets to take lessons in it). Don't buy for me I found what I want.

Sarkid - we just put the tree at the airport  :D
TC

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on December 28, 2007, 05:26:14 PM

OK, so 511 is actually a brand that's become a generic, like Kleenex and Ketchup?

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 05:33:24 PM
Nope, 5.11 is a company/brand.  But you wouldn't look at a set of fatigue pants and call them "5.11s".  You may ask "are those 5.11s", as in the brand, but no, they are not the ketchep, xerox or kleenex of tactical pants.  Especially since they have about 5,000 other products.

FYI, Kleenex and Xerox are still registered trademarks of their respective companies, despite the generic usage. Ketchup, according to here, doesn't appear to have ever been a trademark.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SARMedTech

Quote from: SarDragon on December 29, 2007, 09:21:33 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 28, 2007, 05:26:14 PM

Quote from: Stonewall on December 28, 2007, 05:33:24 PM

FYI, Kleenex and Xerox are still registered trademarks of their respective companies, despite the generic usage. Ketchup, according to here, doesn't appear to have ever been a trademark.

Your linky is broken
"Corpsman Up!"