Main Menu

IMESA implementation

Started by T. Albert, August 20, 2014, 12:52:33 AM

T. Albert

Anybody have a definitive answer about where the USAF is on implementing this and what it will mean for CAP member base access?

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/08/13/new-security-policy-to-tighten-gate-restrictions.html?ESRC=airforce.nl

Eclipse

It will most likely still be handled on a case-by-case, service-by-service, and base-by-base basis.

Those who have legitimate need to access a base regularly will be directed to some process, those
who don't may have a harder time getting on.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

The AF already has pretty strict policies for entry and they do vary from base to base.  CAP access to bases also varies from base to base as well and is at the discretion of the Wg CC.  I wouldn't look to see this implemented AF wide anytime soon.

EMT-83

And we don't need everyone posting their local base security procedures. Again.

BFreemanMA

Without going into detail, many bases are working with CAP to address this. Like others said, WG/CC determines access and those with a need to be on base should be taken care of, provided they have no precluding factors.
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

LSThiker

Nothing surprising stated in that article really.

What I found interesting are the comments.  Particularly the ones where people claim that citizens should have every right to go on a military base.  I understand the pre-9/11 security (especially Army) allowed this, but not for the post-9/11 world.

SarDragon

I have two DoD ID cards. I think I'm set.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

The USAF has pushed the DBIDs system out last year.

We are having some growing pains with it here at Nellis.

But we had a conversation with CC/CAP-USAF last week about it and he is taking back as a take-home to see if we can't fix it.

How that is going to affect other DOD services I have no idea.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP