Main Menu

Is this Really Appropriate?

Started by Eagle400, April 04, 2007, 04:26:27 AM

Eagle400

See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9TAhcBEnMM

I understand that this creative video was designed to be a morale-booster, but I think that making a parody of a rap song with lyrics that are defamatory and obsene goes a bit too far.  Plus, wearing the uniform in such a video is disrespectful, I would think.   I have seen this video played at both a cadet programs conference and COS (03').   

Is this really appropriate?

afgeo4

I thought it was hilarious and not at all inappropriate for cadets on youtube.com

Look... everything has to be seen in its own context. We aren't about to make a recruiting TV commercial out of this because THAT would be inappropriate, and I'm not sure it's the right thing for COS or conferences, but as cadets joking around and having fun goes... I think it's appropriate. Are you offended by it?
GEORGE LURYE

Eagle400

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 04, 2007, 04:28:32 AM
I thought it was hilarious and not at all inappropriate for cadets on youtube.com

Look... everything has to be seen in its own context. We aren't about to make a recruiting TV commercial out of this because THAT would be inappropriate, and I'm not sure it's the right thing for COS or conferences, but as cadets joking around and having fun goes... I think it's appropriate.

I agree that making a recruiting commercial out of "The Real First Sergeant" would be inappropriate, as would playing it at CPC or COS.  And I understand the cadets were just joking around and having fun, but did they have to do the video in uniform?

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 04, 2007, 04:28:32 AMAre you offended by it?

Yes, sir.  Why?  Because they were wearing blue service dress uniforms.  I wouldn't have minded had they worn civies. 

Al Sayre

Well, that's 2 min and 10 seconds of my life I'd like to have back, but inappropriate; not really.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

lordmonar

Quote from: 12211985 on April 04, 2007, 04:34:31 AM
Yes, sir.  Why?  Because they were wearing blue service dress uniforms.  I wouldn't have minded had they worn civies. 

Take a chill pill.  I've seen AD people do better and more "explicit language" videos.   Seeing as how this video is over 4 years old....it's a little late to be asking these sort of questions.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

afgeo4

Look... everything has to be seen in its own context. We aren't about to make a recruiting TV commercial out of this because THAT would be inappropriate, and I'm not sure it's the right thing for COS or conferences, but as cadets joking around and having fun goes... I think it's appropriate.

I agree that making a recruiting commercial out of "The Real First Sergeant" would be inappropriate, as would playing it at CPC or COS.  And I understand the cadets were just joking around and having fun, but did they have to do the video in uniform?

Are you offended by their words/actions, the uniforms themselves or the combination of the two?

Please explain what about it is offensive to you. Perhaps it's worth considering.
GEORGE LURYE

Eagle400

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 04, 2007, 04:41:39 AMAre you offended by their words/actions, the uniforms themselves or the combination of the two?

Please explain what about it is offensive to you. Perhaps it's worth considering.

The fact that they wore uniforms that people fought and died for in a video that is a parody of a rap song is offensive to me.  There may have been no profanity, but actions speak louder than words.   

Here's my reasoning:

When it's military personnel doing a creative morale-boosting video in uniform because OPTempos are high and they just want to let loose, I don't mind.  They've earned the right to wear the uniform.

These cadets in the video didn't earn their uniforms - they were given to them.  That's true of all cadets who are not members of the military.  So they really have no right to do such a video in uniform.  Like I said, I wouldn't have minded had they worn civies.     

lordmonar

Quote from: 12211985 on April 04, 2007, 04:53:58 AM
Quote from: afgeo4 on April 04, 2007, 04:41:39 AMAre you offended by their words/actions, the uniforms themselves or the combination of the two?

The fact that they wore uniforms that people fought and died for in a video that is a parody of a rap song is offensive to me.  There may have been no profanity, but actions speak louder than words.   

Here's my reasoning:

When it's military personnel doing a creative morale-boosting video in uniform because OPTempos are high and they just want to let loose, I don't mind.  They've earned the right to wear the uniform.

These cadets in the video didn't earn their uniforms - they were given to them.  That's true of all cadets who are not members of the military.  So they really have no right to do such a video in uniform.  Like I said, I wouldn't have minded had they worn civies.     

As a member of the Armed Forces.....let me tell you......we don't care, neither should you.  The video was in fun it did not call anyone a baby killer, it did not invoke politics, religion or alternate life styles. 

They have the permission a decorated, combat vet of two wars to make fun of them selves all they want.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DNall

Look... everything has to be seen in its own context. We aren't about to make a recruiting TV commercial out of this because THAT would be inappropriate, and I'm not sure it's the right thing for COS or conferences, but as cadets joking around and having fun goes... I think it's appropriate. Are you offended by it?
Second, and go check chairforce.com if you think the AF is any better.

flyguy06

You guys are a bunch of old stuck inthe mud fuddy dddies. I thought the vidieo was hilarious.
Youguys first problem is youthink Rap music is BAD and all of it isnt. But I guess your parents thought the music you listened yoo when you were young was bad also.

I thought it was tasteful. Now if hey had been running around grabbing parts of their anatomy or wearing their pants down, then I might have a problem. But I didnt see any of that.It was G rated and nothing outrageous.

Get over yourselves.

PA Guy

Quote from: 12211985 on April 04, 2007, 04:26:27 AM
See here:

I understand that this creative video was designed to be a morale-booster, but I think that making a parody of a rap song with lyrics that are defamatory and obsene goes a bit too far.  Plus, wearing the uniform in such a video is disrespectful, I would think.   I have seen this video played at both a cadet programs conference and COS (03').   

Get a grip. If this is all you have to be upset over you have entirely too much time on your hands.

Al Sayre

Nice of you to tell us what we think flyguy06.  

Different people have different tastes in music.  I personally don't care for 99% of what RapI have heard, but there is some that is ok.  

It's the whole Gangsta' culture that I object to, and what I really dislike is when I have to listen to someone else's music rattling the windows in my car or my house as they drive down the street, and I don't particularly care what they are listening to.  If I wanted to hear their music I'd steal their stereo.  If someone wants to listen to rap fine, just don't force me to listen also.  

Have a little common courtesy.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

SarDragon

To quote Sgt Hulka: "Lighten up, Francis!"

As a member of CAWG, and a former cadet, and someone who doesn't particularly like rap music, I thought it was funny, and inoffensive.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

afgeo4

So there you have it. Most people find it funny and not offensive. It also doesn't break any regs or laws and thus, it's perfectly ok, humorous, and entertaining.

People HAVE died in CAP uniforms, but that doesn't mean we should always act like we're at their funeral, does it?
GEORGE LURYE

DNall

I thought it was pretty stupid myself, but whatever. Little embarassed, but not really offended. Won't be putting my own Sq's funny video up there anytime soon.

So the original poster, who shall remain nameless is the only person offended right? Everyone else has a sense of humor & we're all moving on now right?

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: DNall on April 04, 2007, 07:29:44 AM
I thought it was pretty stupid myself, but whatever. Little embarassed, but not really offended. Won't be putting my own Sq's funny video up there anytime soon.

So the original poster, who shall remain nameless is the only person offended right? Everyone else has a sense of humor & we're all moving on now right?

Yeah, except all of a sudden I wanna be like the nameless poster and make an attempt at a cryptic numerical username... perhaps

or something to try to be extra-cool  ;D
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

Pylon

Quote from: 12211985 on April 04, 2007, 04:53:58 AMThe fact that they wore uniforms that people fought and died for in a video that is a parody of a rap song is offensive to me. 

Hey buddy - let me clue you in, just once.  You're probably the only one who's offended.   The other CAP senior members and cadets here don't seem to be offended, the "Real" Military personnel chiming in here don't see any reason to care either.

Second, this agency has a lot of issues to address. The Real First Sergeant video is not one of them.

Third, Tap dancing on thin ice is ill advised.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

dwb

Quote from: 12211985 on April 04, 2007, 04:53:58 AMThese cadets in the video didn't earn their uniforms

Sure they did!  They joined the civilian auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force.  They (presumably) took a cadet oath.  They are to uphold the CAP Core Values.

The uniform is just clothing; it's fabric and buttons, with some geegaws pinned/sewn on it.  Yes, it is a privilege to wear the military-style uniforms, and we should honor that.  But let's not get carried away with the symbolism here.

If you can accept that active duty military folks can make silly videos while in uniform, it's not a stretch to think it's okay for cadets to do so as well.  In fact, you would almost expect it, since cadets are rabble-rousing teenagers, whereas the active duty folks are adults.

IMO, I think this may be a case of hypersensitivity.

LtCol White

Quote from: 12211985 on April 04, 2007, 04:26:27 AM
See here:

I think you are way over reacting. First of all, there is no profanity in the lyrics of their video. Have you ever looked at Chairforce.com and seen the videos posted there with USAF personnel in uniform?

Lighten up. Beisdes, what are you? Master of questions here??? Geezzz.....you ask more questions than a 3 yr old at a disney movie. Whats up with the million threads???

;D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

RayHayden

To me, from a completely non cap, professional videographer point of view (with former Air Force veteran thoughts)...

I think the video is fine - it was done a while ago, but this is what I saw:

Cadets got together and worked on something - what we saw was a few minutes, what it actually took to do, took a lot longer - this means that the cadets worked a long time together doing something fun - positive and though it won't win any mainstream awards - it was actually quite good.

The video meshed together well, the music and lyrics had been "looped" meaning that the words you hear are not from the actual video, but re-recorded later in post production... I'll give you a Star Wars perfect example of it...

In Episode IV, Obi-Wan meets up with Darth Vader for their Light Saber battle - during the fight, Obi Wan speaks to Darth Vader (before the fight), if you listen carefully, you will hear the spinning blade they used for that movie.

I am a stickler on video and television and I know how long things take to put together, so these folks did a fine thing working together to make this video - and besides, in doing so, they learned what it takes, how long, and how much work really goes into a short 2 plus minute video...

Learning something new is almost always a good thing, not learning it the hard way is great!

fwiw

flyguy06

Quote from: Al Sayre on April 04, 2007, 06:25:13 AM
Nice of you to tell us what we think flyguy06.  

Different people have different tastes in music.  I personally don't care for 99% of what RapI have heard, but there is some that is ok.  

It's the whole Gangsta' culture that I object to, and what I really dislike is when I have to listen to someone else's music rattling the windows in my car or my house as they drive down the street, and I don't particularly care what they are listening to.  If I wanted to hear their music I'd steal their stereo.  If someone wants to listen to rap fine, just don't force me to listen also.  

Have a little common courtesy.

I agree with you. I dont like music that defames our women or prootes violence. ut I am 38 years old. nfortunantly, thats what young people listen too. Its a cultural thing. I also dont like people playing their music loud. I gave someone a ticket for that a few months ago as a matter of fcat.

But in this particular video we are discussing, I idnt see any "Gangsta" ra as you put it. Ther ewas nothing derogatory or negative. No cursing, no defaming anyone. It was very clean.

Yeah, I dont like the gansta culture either, but isnt it amazing how the gangster culture wasnt anissue when it was in the inner city, but now that it is spreading to the suburbs, now all of a sudden its a problem.

Becks

Yeah, Im going to have to vote that while stupid (I have seen it on youtube prior to this), its pretty harmless. 

BBATW

Flying Pig

HAAAAA ;D  You gotta love Ca Wing!  That was funny.

RogueLeader

Quote from: lordmonar on April 04, 2007, 04:38:45 AM

Take a chill pill.  I've seen AD people do better and more "explicit language" videos.   Seeing as how this video is over 4 years old....it's a little late to be asking these sort of questions.
Even though it's over 4 years old, with youtube, it has a lot more exposure.
Good bad, or in between, I don't know.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

pixelwonk

Even though the troll is suspended, we're still talking about this stupid thread...

JohnKachenmeister

I liked it.  I hate the "Gangsta" culture, so making mock of it by cadets is OK by me (Like that video of the rich white guys singing a rap lyric like a folk song on the golf course)

The cadets had to work hard, as a team, to produce it.

Order me another Hulka-burger, and... "Lighten up, Francis!" 
Another former CAP officer

RogueLeader

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 04, 2007, 07:18:01 PM

Order me another Hulka-burger, and... "Lighten up!" 
Isn't that an oxymoron?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ColonelJack

Speaking of inappropriate ... anyone here ever see the "Hitler Raps" video?

Hilarious ... and very, very inappropriate.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

RogueLeader

Quote from: Al Sayre on April 04, 2007, 06:25:13 AM
 If I wanted to hear their music I'd steal their stereo.  
nnniiiiccccceeee
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Major Lord

Yes, it was funny, and appropriate. The only offensive thing in it was the pudgy "Hard Core" 1st Sgt ( and his unauthorized whistle, maybe a little bit) 

All RAP music is funny. Remember the Acronym: Retards Attempting Poety

These kind of things are a basic part of the Cadet Programs culture. Take a chill pill. Remeber, Ronald Reagan, the finest President ever to live, danced in uniform on film!

Capt Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

mprokosch11

We watched this video at encampment, there wasn't one person in that room not laughing.

I hope Capt. Brodsky doesn't see this, he'll find out we wasted some of our time at encampment.  :o
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)

Chappie

Inappropriate????  I think not....I saw it the first time the year it was released at the CAWG CPC.  It was funny then and funny now (especially when you see cadets there who are now Senior Members).   There have been some outstanding videos produced by now former CAWG Cadets that are part of the "tradition" of CPC. 
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Stonewall

Yep, I thought it was real creative and, if nothing else, fun.  And to be quite honest with you, you could probably throw in some leadership skills and experience as well. 

As a cadet, we made funny videos and did skits like that, albeit without computer software and support.

I remember at my first encampment we had to do skits in front of all the brass, to include an AF general of some sort.  We did a CAP rap skit that rocked the house.

"we're not the Beastie Boys or Run DMC, we're the Air Force...AUXILIARY...CAP"  And it went on for like 3 minutes.  Of course it was done with a "human beat box".
Serving since 1987.

floridacyclist

Quote from: LtCol Hayden on April 04, 2007, 02:10:30 PM
To me, from a completely non cap, professional videographer point of view (with former Air Force veteran thoughts)...

I think the video is fine - it was done a while ago, but this is what I saw:

Cadets got together and worked on something - what we saw was a few minutes, what it actually took to do, took a lot longer - this means that the cadets worked a long time together doing something fun - positive and though it won't win any mainstream awards - it was actually quite good.

For once, I agree with something that Col Hayden wrote and I applaud him for pointing it out.

These kids were rather creative and have a lot of talent; maybe not commercial-grade, but who does? The top .000001% of wannabe stars that actually make it?.

So often kids are sitting around doing something that is totally non-productive and non-creative that when I see something like this I want to stand and clap; they give me hope for the future that the next generation won't be nothing but a bunch of couch-bound Xbox-jockeys.

Heaven forbid some of our cadets get together and do something fun that requires teamwork, leadership, initiative and all those other mumbo-jumbo things that we are supposedly trying to teach them.  I hear the sky crumbling and tearing open now. Oh wait...that's some of those people that have absolutely no respect for others, riding around with 1,000 watts of Raw Bass Power thumping out the back...totally different from these kids whose most active role in "forcing us to listen to their trash" is posting a video on Youtube for us to voluntarily download of our own free will and play on our own crappy PC sound systems.

I say Bully for them.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Major_Chuck

Inappropriate.  Not in the least.  I see a group of cadets having fun,  aren't we supposed to have that in CAP too?

There are way bigger issues than this to worry about.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

afgeo4

Quote from: penguinmaster113 on April 04, 2007, 09:03:53 PM
We watched this video at encampment, there wasn't one person in that room not laughing.

I hope Capt. Brodsky doesn't see this, he'll find out we wasted some of our time at encampment.  :o
You weren't wasting time. It was a class on Public Affairs!
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 05, 2007, 04:45:13 PMYou weren't wasting time. It was a class on Public Affairs!

...says mighty-mighty LOG.   ;)

c172drv

I think that these cadets should be applauded for getting together and pulling off a fun video.  As LTC Hayden said it takes a long time to put something like that together.  I don't see that they did this with any ill feelings towards the uniform and they should be given as much latitude as we would give a servicemember.  They do give stuff up for the right to wear the uniform.  They give up nights during the week, time they use to study for test and weekends when we go out and train or participate.  Yes, they get stuff out of it.  A sense of being part of a team and that team should its stuff in making that video.  Let them make some more, not my type of music but it isn't my choice since it isn't my video.

John
John Jester
VAWG

Stonewall

John Jester?  You're still around?  Its been years, like 10 years since I've seen or heard from you.

Kirt Bowden here, used to be in NATCAP wing.  Down in FL now.  How you been?
Serving since 1987.

Eagle400

Quote from: CaptLord on April 04, 2007, 07:36:54 PM
The only offensive thing in it was the pudgy "Hard Core" 1st Sgt ( and his unauthorized whistle, maybe a little bit)

I think that's one thing we can all agree on.   

Quote from: CaptLordThese kind of things are a basic part of the Cadet Programs culture. Take a chill pill. Remeber, Ronald Reagan, the finest President ever to live, danced in uniform on film!

That's a good point, sir.  I didn't think of that.  I'm going to review my history (and take a chill pill).     

Major Lord

Actually, I received a couple of PM's and a phone call about my comparison to rap and mental retardation. I would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologize to any retards I may have offended. Hey , I mean that! Sincerely. No, really.

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Pylon

Quote from: CaptLord on April 09, 2007, 03:15:46 AM
Actually, I received a couple of PM's and a phone call about my comparison to rap and mental retardation. I would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologize to any retards I may have offended. Hey , I mean that! Sincerely. No, really.

Capt. Lord

As someone who works in the developmental disabilities field, I think it's great the people are finally moving away from using "retarded" as a derogatory or negative word.  For years, many parents of children with developmental disabilities have continually fought to remind their children there is nothing inherent to be embarrassed or ashamed about having mental retardation (still a legal and medical term).    And there isn't.    So we should not perpetuate the stigma that there is by using the word "retarded" in a perjorative sense.

One step at a time... 

afgeo4

Quote from: Pylon on April 09, 2007, 03:23:32 AM

Capt. Lord

As someone who works in the developmental disabilities field, I think it's great the people are finally moving away from using "retarded" as a derogatory or negative word.  For years, many parents of children with developmental disabilities have continually fought to remind their children there is nothing inherent to be embarrassed or ashamed about having mental retardation (still a legal and medical term).    And there isn't.    So we should not perpetuate the stigma that there is by using the word "retarded" in a perjorative sense.

One step at a time... 

By the way... is that developmentally challenged kid still running around trying to give you hugs 24/7?
GEORGE LURYE

Major Lord

Quote from: Pylon on April 09, 2007, 03:23:32 AM

Capt. Lord

One step at a time... 

You know, one of the signs of high level autism is the inability to understand sarcasm....

Capt. Lord

Pylon

Quote from: CaptLord on April 09, 2007, 12:33:27 PM
You know, one of the signs of high level autism is the inability to understand sarcasm....

Capt. Lord

I understood your post just fine and replied indirectly by posting that it's great that people (aka: society) is finally beginning to avoid negative use of the word.

Moving back to the original, ridiculous topic...

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 09, 2007, 04:22:24 AM
By the way... is that developmentally challenged kid still running around trying to give you hugs 24/7?

Which one?   :)   

And when are you coming for a tour?   8)

Stonewall

Related to the original topic, I recently learned to do a Google Video search for "Civil Air Patrol".  There are a handful of CAP related videos out there, most of which are made by cadets.  While I haven't really seen anything too embarassing or legally questionable, I can see it happening at some point.  One video [barely] showed cadets doing PT in the dark.  You could barely see them due to the lack of lighting.  Now there were either getting "smoked" at night for misbehaving or doing PT really really early in the morning.  Either way, it could be seen as unsafe for cadets.

I'm no whiner and I support CAP PT to include all sort of exercises.  But sometimes you have look at things in a different light to make sure someone else isn't going to slam you.
Serving since 1987.

flyguy06

I thought this video was hilarious ;D

LittleIronPilot

I thought it was funny-ish and lame...but lame in a laughable *groan* kind of way, if that makes sense.

For those offended, have you seen the class projects that most Air Force and Navy pilot trainees make? Very similiar stuff, some of it even lamer, all of it while in the zoom-suit.

Heck...I have to give them credit for just being creative and working on something fun and positive!

Grumpy

It's truly a sad thing when we are so caught up in our own world that we lose the ability to laugh at ourselves.

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: SarDragon on April 04, 2007, 06:30:09 AM
To quote Sgt Hulka: "Lighten up, Francis!"

As a member of CAWG, and a former cadet, and someone who doesn't particularly like rap music, I thought it was funny, and inoffensive.

I second the motion. Seems like something that would naturally come out of California.
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

flyguy06

Well, I like rap music, and I thought it was funny

Hawk200

I didn't find it offensive. Somewhat amusing, some of the talent could use a little improvement, but all in all, it's pretty creative.

My reaction was more of an eyeroll with an "Okaaay", rather than "O my ....., they did not do that!"

It was obviously a team effort though. For that, I've got to say it's a positive thing. And I'm betting most of the military and CAP members I know wouldn't really have any problem with it.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on December 22, 2007, 10:48:06 PM
I second the motion. Seems like something that would naturally come out of California.

Oh, gee, thanks....    (Ok, ok, it's true.   ;D)

PhoenixCadet
A Proud Californian

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on December 24, 2007, 04:51:09 AM
Quote from: Nomex Maximus on December 22, 2007, 10:48:06 PM

Oh, gee, thanks....    (Ok, ok, it's true.   ;D)

PhoenixCadet
A Proud Californian

I spent two years in California commuting between home in Tracy and work in San Jose dodging falling house prices, astronomical food prices, drought, earthquakes, fires and rap music like that.

I successfully escaped to Michigan where I am now quite happy, Dude.
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

floridacyclist

I think mine and my kids favorite music videos on Youtube are "Mullet Biker Mafia" doing Sting's "Renegade", and the remake of "This is why I'm hot". Both are actually quite good.

This is why I'm hot
This is why I'm hot
This is why, this is why,
This is why I'm hot
I'm hot 'cause I'm deployed
You ain't 'cause you're not
This is why, this is why,
This is why I'm hot
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org