Main Menu

Point of Order

Started by flyguy06, March 29, 2007, 08:49:36 PM

arajca

Quote from: msmjr2003 on March 30, 2007, 07:28:58 PM
Quote from: LTC_Gadget on March 30, 2007, 07:14:42 PM

Additional thread drift flag "ON" -
Which brings me to question, why  does anyone listen to a full NASCAR race on the radio??
'Splain that one, if you care to, but we probably ought to move that to a separate thread, too..

-Thread drift flag "OFF" <ducking for opposite side of same foxhole as SAR-EMT1>

V/R,

Because it's a far better than the unmentionable alternative y'all do in Oklahoma!  :D

(Of course this is all in fun.....beautiful country to be seen in OK....)
But it's all flat!

Of course, compared to where I live, everywhere is flat ;D

LTC_Gadget

OK, try as I might, I can't figure out what the unmentionable is, so it's evidently not on my 'list of things to do before I die.'  :P

E-mail/PM me with the rest of the story at your convenience, please.

V/R,
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

LtCol White

Quote from: msmjr2003 on March 30, 2007, 07:28:58 PM
Quote from: LTC_Gadget on March 30, 2007, 07:14:42 PM

Additional thread drift flag "ON" -
Which brings me to question, why  does anyone listen to a full NASCAR race on the radio??
'Splain that one, if you care to, but we probably ought to move that to a separate thread, too..

-Thread drift flag "OFF" <ducking for opposite side of same foxhole as SAR-EMT1>

V/R,

Because it's a far better than the unmentionable alternative y'all do in Oklahoma!  :D

(Of course this is all in fun.....beautiful country to be seen in OK....)

But in Alabama, at weddings, everyone sits on the same side of the church..... ::)
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Monty

Quote from: LtCol White on March 30, 2007, 08:25:54 PMBut in Alabama, at weddings, everyone sits on the same side of the church..... ::)

Yeah...so?

:P

LtCol White

Well I guess it makes the reception cheaper. HAHA :angel:
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

FARRIER

"But in Alabama, at weddings, everyone sits on the same side of the church....."

That works for southern Iowa too... ;D
Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

LtCol White

Quote from: FARRIER on March 30, 2007, 08:53:09 PM
"But in Alabama, at weddings, everyone sits on the same side of the church....."

"this is my mom...i mean aunt..no wait...both"
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Monty

Quote from: LtCol White on March 30, 2007, 08:58:06 PM

Makes one think of the Ray Stevens song, doesn't it?  :)

http://www.ziplo.com/grandpa.htm

Pumbaa

Quote"But in Alabama, at weddings, everyone sits on the same side of the church....."

Cause everyone is related to the Bride and her father.. ooops I mean husband...

>:D

flyerthom

Quote from: davedove on March 30, 2007, 11:55:02 AM
Quote from: LTC_Gadget on March 30, 2007, 06:35:40 AM
I will admit to having used "Sirs" many times.

As far as the 'Yous guys," you sound so coarse.. :D  Don't you know is "y'all"  Y'all is sometimes singular, sometimes plural, and occasionally, like when there's a whole room full of ya, like at National Board general assembly, it's "all y'all." Hey, Alabama, weigh in on this one, wontcha??

;D

That's right, Y'all is appropriate.  Yous guys sounds like more of a Jersey thing. ;D

My spelling error it should be "youze guys"

from http://www.coalregion.com - " youze, yuz, yooz, AND yiz :   plural of you; equivalent to "y'all" in the Southern U.S. The Pittsburgh form of this term is "you-ins" or "yunz"; y'all or yunz are never used in the Coal Region.   "Hey, whad'r youze doin' over dere??" "Do yooz wanna go for some kortz?" "How're yiz doin, yo?" "What're youz guys up to?"

Jersey? I'm hurt...
TC

LtCol White

Quote from: msmjr2003 on March 30, 2007, 09:08:04 PM
Quote from: LtCol White on March 30, 2007, 08:58:06 PM

Makes one think of the Ray Stevens song, doesn't it?  :)

http://www.ziplo.com/grandpa.htm

Is anyone else hearing banjo music???
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

SAR-EMT1

Least its not as bad as the Northeast.. I hear they marry their pets during blizzards.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

ZigZag911

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on March 31, 2007, 09:02:24 AM
Least its not as bad as the Northeast.. I hear they marry their pets during blizzards.

Nah, we just live together!