Main Menu

WMIRS tanking?

Started by SunDog, August 12, 2013, 01:10:59 AM

SunDog

We had a real bad day with WMIRS Saturday. Not to re-start a previous rant about the state of CAP software/ systems, truly, but it became intractable. One of our guys stuck with it, got the symptoms articulated and sent off to the help desk.

Anyone else have issues with WMIRS Saturday? I ask because we'd like to know if it just didn't handle a fat finger gracefully, and maybe we can get some intel on the secret-squirrel work arounds, or if it just performed worse than usual.

Isues were related to O flights, and adding cadets. Too tedious to repeat the long, nasty effort here - just asking if anyone else has felt the pain when entering O flight data and has a best practice to minimize the software failings?

Eclipse

Not aware of any issues, Saturday or recently.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Nope...Worked fine for me on Saturday.  Released about 6 flights from my smartphone.  Worked great.

starshippe

we ran a sarex sat with 10 sorties, wimrs worked fine.

bill

SunDog

Thanks all - looks like it was data corruption. Didn't expect it to work great, just needed it to work per usual. Will be careful to NOT  be the guy entering O flights. Anyway, releasing them wasn't an issue - editing them was. Case closed.