National Boy Scout Jamboree 2013

Started by ARandomCadet, July 09, 2013, 05:03:03 AM

ARandomCadet

Is anyone else out there in CAPTalk going to the 2013 Boy Scout Jamboree at the Summit Bechtel Reserve? It would be nice to meet up with some other CAP members who are going to be at Jamboree. It doesn't matter if you are on staff, a leader, a scout, or a venturer, just scan my QR code in the Jambo app and maybe we could meet up at an event there. Also you can find me over in cell block D or in the Summit Center hanging around the military exhibits. So here is my QR code: http://postimg.org/image/s1s6r9jkn/ . Also did any of y'all know that the National Guard will be providing security and medical support? Apparently since over 70,000 people will be there, the NG is needed to help since the event is labeled as a area that would be possible for terrorists to attack (and they are taking it so seriously that they send you home at your expense if you bring a laser pointer).

ARandomCadet

Also, you can find me at The Barrels (shooting sports) on Friday, July 19 at 1:00 PM. If you click on the link it will take you to my QR code.

SAREXinNY

Doesn't surprise me.  I was at the 1997 Jamboree at Fort AP Hill.  Bill Clinton landed on Marine One and immediately was hit with a half dozen laser pointers from the less-than-intelligent scouts in the crowd.  I can imagine laser pointers are now a big no-no.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: SAREXinNY on July 10, 2013, 02:41:18 AM
Doesn't surprise me.  I was at the 1997 Jamboree at Fort AP Hill.  Bill Clinton landed on Marine One and immediately was hit with a half dozen laser pointers from the less-than-intelligent scouts in the crowd.  I can imagine laser pointers are now a big no-no.
It doesn't surprise me either. There is a whole list of contraband that if you are caught with it then you get sent home at your expense. I mean they have that along with a trauma center, 6 helipads, 5 field hospitals, EMT stations everywhere you could imagine, a dentist, a ophthalmologist, a psychiatrist (just to name a few). It even has its own waste water treatment plant. The security arrangements are classified, but there is a DoD and WVARNG task force there. The main reason they said no to laser pointers was because it could be thought to be a laser from a weapon. This is all for 70,000 people that will be staying there, and overall for 10 days a total of 100,000 people combined (visitors and scouts, staff, and leaders).

SarDragon

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 02:54:14 AM
It doesn't surprise me either. There is a whole list of contraband that if you are caught with it then you get sent home at your expense. I mean they have that along with a trauma center, 6 helipads, 5 field hospitals, EMT stations everywhere you could imagine, a dentist, a ophthalmologist, a psychiatrist (just to name a few). It even has its own waste water treatment plant. The security arrangements are classified, but there is a DoD and WVARNG task force there. The main reason they said no to laser pointers was because it could be thought to be a laser from a weapon. This is all for 70,000 people that will be staying there, and overall for 10 days a total of 100,000 people combined (visitors and scouts, staff, and leaders).

I think most of us figured that out about 5 seconds after the first mention.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on July 10, 2013, 04:24:19 AM

And anyone who has had one aimed at their eyes would probably try to kill or seriously injure the idiot who pointed it at them too...

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: PHall on July 10, 2013, 04:51:40 AM

And anyone who has had one aimed at their eyes would probably try to kill or seriously injure the idiot who pointed it at them too...

On our 8th grade DC trip, someone shined it outside their hotel window at people. This was when the DC sniper was out and about shooting people...

ARandomCadet

Put the fact everybody in my family wears glasses aside, and that is a reason why I wear glasses. I loved shining lasers in my eyes. Now I don't like it.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: usafaux2004 on July 10, 2013, 04:54:52 AM

On our 8th grade DC trip, someone shined it outside their hotel window at people. This was when the DC sniper was out and about shooting people...
I'll be sure to keep my eye out when I go to DC on my 8th grade trip.      >:D

Nuke52

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 05:50:06 AM
I loved shining lasers in my eyes.

Am I the only one not surprised by this?
Lt Col
Wilson Awd

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 10, 2013, 07:30:29 PM
Quote from: Nuke52 on July 10, 2013, 07:29:26 PM
Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 05:50:06 AM
I loved shining lasers in my eyes.

Am I the only one not surprised by this?

No.

Hey I did it too when I was 9! ...Maybe that's why I needed glasses at 19. Or maybe it was genetics.

abdsp51

The security arrangements are classified, but there is a DoD and WVARNG task force there. The main reason they said no to laser pointers was because it could be thought to be a laser from a weapon.

It's not classified its likely designated FOUO, and I doubt that there is a DoD TF there providing security.  You probably have a TF made up of LE, ANG, and maybe FEMA.  I think you need to double check your information before posting.

Nuke52

Quote from: abdsp51 on July 10, 2013, 07:49:35 PM
The security arrangements are classified, but there is a DoD and WVARNG task force there. The main reason they said no to laser pointers was because it could be thought to be a laser from a weapon.

It's not classified its likely designated FOUO, and I doubt that there is a DoD TF there providing security.  You probably have a TF made up of LE, ANG, and maybe FEMA. I think you need to double check your information before posting.

Non-concur:  it makes for much more interesting reading this way.
Lt Col
Wilson Awd

Eclipse

I have a Cub Scout and a Boy Scout and this is not an activity I would be inclined to let them participate in, especially if I wasn't going with them.

It has a pretty poor history of safety issues, including deaths in fairly recent times, and, based purely on news reports and anecdotes from past attendees,
the leadership seems to have issues with understanding ORM.

I'm sure it's a rocking good time for the vast majority, but the scale of the activity itself just lends itself to so much easily-attained badness that
it seems like "not a good idea".

As to the security plans, it would be criminally negligent on the part of the BSA and the local governmental bodies to allow that many people in
a single area without some serious contingency plans for weather, disasters, sanitation and hygiene, and of course the ever present bozo attacks
(by both foreign and domestic actors), but having your name on a page, or your number on a "call when SHTF" list doesn't necessarily make
the activity an NLE, but ith that said, in years past, POTUS and others of the national leadership have delivered the keynote speeches (a fact
which calls back to my ORM comment above), and of course if someone of that stature is there, all bets are off in regards to security.

"That Others May Zoom"

ARandomCadet

It's not classified its likely designated FOUO, and I doubt that there is a DoD TF there providing security.  You probably have a TF made up of LE, ANG, and maybe FEMA.  I think you need to double check your information before posting.
BSA said they do not speak openly (the first indication it is classified, as I can go and find all the FOUO stuff I want) about the security arrangements. Also they said a joint task force to coordinate DoD and WVARNG assets (I am lead to believe that employees for both are on the task force that coordinates everything), also I am lead to believe that because of the high risk situation that the DoD and WVARNG would be doing counter-terrorism security and medical support (the photo at the top if the post [which is written by the chief security person] shows a U.S. Army UH-60 with fuel pods and medical markings on it).

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Eclipse on July 10, 2013, 08:14:26 PM
I have a Cub Scout and a Boy Scout and this is not an activity I would be inclined to let them participate in, especially if I wasn't going with them.

It has a pretty poor history of safety issues, including deaths in fairly recent times, and, based purely on news reports and anecdotes from past attendees,
the leadership seems to have issues with understanding ORM.

I'm sure it's a rocking good time for the vast majority, but the scale of the activity itself just lends itself to so much easily-attained badness that
it seems like "not a good idea".
It's completely safe there, as they are making safety the number one priority. You are required to carry credentials around that have a barcode that will show all your medical info when scanned with a scanning device, also they are not only mobilizing federal assets, but other assets including the West Virginia DHS. To enter the area all participants must pass an on site medical test along with the exams administered before being accepted to go there.

Eclipse

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 08:19:33 PM
BSA said they do not speak openly (the first indication it is classified, as I can go and find all the FOUO stuff I want)

No, that means they "do not speak openly".  If you, as a rank and file Scout, can "find all the FOUO stuff you want", that means that any member of the general public, scout parents,
and anyone else interested can as well.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 08:24:59 PMIt's completely safe there, as they are making safety the number one priority. You are required to carry credentials around that have a barcode that will show all your medical info when scanned with a scanning device, also they are not only mobilizing federal assets, but other assets including the West Virginia DHS. To enter the area all participants must pass an on site medical test along with the exams administered before being accepted to go there.

I'm not referring to event access - perhaps you should spend less time looking for ways to carry your various uniforms, and more
on learning about the history of your organization and the fairly recent history of this activity.

An ID card in your pocket will not protect you against electrical wires or heat stroke.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on July 10, 2013, 08:26:22 PM
BSA said they do not speak openly (the first indication it is classified, as I can go and find all the FOUO stuff I want)

No, that means they "do not speak openly".  If you, as a rank and file Scout, can "find all the FOUO stuff you want", that means that any member of the general public, scout parents,
Exactly...

If I call my company's director of IT Security for example and ask for details on our firewalls, he'll tell me where to go and suggest an efficient manner of getting there.  Still not "classified", just none of my [darn]ed business.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Eclipse on July 10, 2013, 08:26:22 PM

I'm not referring to BSA (although I do get my hands on a lot of FOUO stuff as my dad is in a position at the council level and gets a lot of stuff that most people don't get to see and then he passes it to me), I was referring to military documents (and CAP documents, I picked up a FOUO book that was just at the airport and I got it before I even considered attending CAP and then joining it).

Eclipse

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 08:24:59 PMTo enter the area all participants must pass an on site medical test along with the exams administered before being accepted to go there.

They are going to perform 50,000 medical exams onsite, before allowing access?

That should make for a somewhat "interesting" in-process line. 

Assuming I did the math right, and these "exams" took 5 minutes each, that's 173 days at 24x7.

"That Others May Zoom"

UH60guy

BSA said they do not speak openly (the first indication it is classified, as I can go and find all the FOUO stuff I want) about the security arrangements. Also they said a joint task force to coordinate DoD and WVARNG assets (I am lead to believe that employees for both are on the task force that coordinates everything), also I am lead to believe that because of the high risk situation that the DoD and WVARNG would be doing counter-terrorism security and medical support (the photo at the top if the post [which is written by the chief security person] shows a U.S. Army UH-60 with fuel pods and medical markings on it).

Just some professional development: The term "classified" has a very specific meaning in the DoD, meaning the information is considered SECRET, TOP SECRET/SPECIAL COMPARTMENTALIZED INFORMATION, etc. Coming with that are a very large and burdensome set of rules to protect data, documents, and information flow, which for an open activity like the Jamboree, I doubt is actually classified. It would mean that they can't even talk on the phone from one National Guard Armory to another due to information restrictions without special phone lines- I doubt they'd do that in this case. For all I know it may be, but "classified" is far from the meaning "don't talk about it," which is closer to FOUO or sensitive.

BSA not speaking openly should clue us in- you probably shouldn't be listing all the agencies participating or discussing security arrangements either. That too is a form of security threat, as the more available the information is, the easier it is to find and exploit. Not that I'm positive it isn't already public knowledge, but again for your professional development, one instinct you will want to develop is to get a sense when information is sensitive, and resist the urge to spread it. It can be tempting to talk about "cool" things like troop movements, but in the end, it hurts the security arrangements.

And speaking as a UH-60 pilot, don't get in the MEDEVAC with the fuel tanks! Not the greatest experience, especially if it's flown as a "fun ride." I'm sure the pilots are fine and safe, but we're all tempted at times to do something stupid to show off, and the UH-60 doesn't like to fly with external tanks to begin with (and the crews hardly ever train with them on). There was a crash in Germany a few years back for just that very reason.
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

Eclipse

+1 on this ^, also this:

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 08:33:52 PM
I'm not referring to BSA (although I do get my hands on a lot of FOUO stuff as my dad is in a position at the council level and gets a lot of stuff that most people don't get to see and then he passes it to me), I was referring to military documents (and CAP documents, I picked up a FOUO book that was just at the airport and I got it before I even considered attending CAP and then joining it).

I'm sure your dad will be thrilled to learn how "open" you are with this information.

Regardless, this isn't a BSA board, or even a general cadeting forum like CS, so what is your point in sharing this sensitive information here, not to mention your
personal contact information via the QE code?

It doesn't appear anyone from CT is going to be there, so enjoy it and make sure you have your CAP uniform in case they need you to "step in".

"That Others May Zoom"

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Eclipse on July 10, 2013, 08:40:31 PM
+1 on this ^, also this:

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 08:33:52 PM

I'm sure your dad will be thrilled to learn how "open" you are with this information.

Regardless, this isn't a BSA board, or even a general cadeting forum like CS, so what is your point in sharing this sensitive information here, not to mention your
personal contact information via the QE code?

It doesn't appear anyone from CT is going to be there, so enjoy it and make sure you have your CAP uniform in case they need you to "step in".
Just seeing if anyone from CT is going to the jamboree. Also it's not sensitive info about what they put out. They said that stuff over the Internet on the jamboree blog.

Eclipse

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 08:52:44 PMThey said that stuff over the Internet on the jamboree blog.

Then it's not "FOUO", "Classified", or even a big secret.  It's public information.

Self-aggrandizement will not serve you well, son, whether CAP, the BSA, or life in general.  These days, especially, it is easy to
spot a poser and that won't make you popular at parties.

The activity itself is impressive enough on it's own merits, it doesn't need shoring up with insinuations of double-secret security measures
and sequestered troops waiting to pounce on Scouts with improperly colored flashlights.  Neither does your CAP experience need
a constant inject about your proximity to an Air Base.

Living down the street from a Starbucks doesn't make me a Barista...

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Mr Rainey.....if the security arrangements are classified.....why are you talking about them?  :(

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

ARandomCadet

Quote from: UH60guy on July 10, 2013, 08:39:56 PM

Just some professional development: The term "classified" has a very specific meaning in the DoD, meaning the information is considered SECRET, TOP SECRET/SPECIAL COMPARTMENTALIZED INFORMATION, etc. Coming with that are a very large and burdensome set of rules to protect data, documents, and information flow, which for an open activity like the Jamboree, I doubt is actually classified. It would mean that they can't even talk on the phone from one National Guard Armory to another due to information restrictions without special phone lines- I doubt they'd do that in this case. For all I know it may be, but "classified" is far from the meaning "don't talk about it," which is closer to FOUO or sensitive.

BSA not speaking openly should clue us in- you probably shouldn't be listing all the agencies participating or discussing security arrangements either. That too is a form of security threat, as the more available the information is, the easier it is to find and exploit. Not that I'm positive it isn't already public knowledge, but again for your professional development, one instinct you will want to develop is to get a sense when information is sensitive, and resist the urge to spread it. It can be tempting to talk about "cool" things like troop movements, but in the end, it hurts the security arrangements.

And speaking as a UH-60 pilot, don't get in the MEDEVAC with the fuel tanks! Not the greatest experience, especially if it's flown as a "fun ride." I'm sure the pilots are fine and safe, but we're all tempted at times to do something stupid to show off, and the UH-60 doesn't like to fly with external tanks to begin with (and the crews hardly ever train with them on). There was a crash in Germany a few years back for just that very reason.
When you are dealing with the agencies and assets that are being utilized, and the nature of the event (over 10 days a combined total of visitors, scouts, leaders, and staff that makes over 100,000 people), they have a lot of info relating to security that is confidential (there I won't say it's classified anymore). But they will have Navy SEALs at the Jamboree (there is a PT event that the SEALs are helping run, hence the name Summit SEAL Challenge because the SEALs are working it and the participants in it are trying to complete the SEAL PT entrance test). And they have assets on hand from all 5 branches that are running exhibits. I am sure (and I am just guessing) that in an emergency that they will activate those assets to help.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: lordmonar on July 10, 2013, 09:00:40 PM
Mr Rainey.....if the security arrangements are classified.....why are you talking about them?  :(
That is what they put out in a post about it. And they won't say anything more.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Eclipse on July 10, 2013, 08:57:03 PM
Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 08:52:44 PMThey said that stuff over the Internet on the jamboree blog.

Then it's not "FOUO", "Classified", or even a big secret.  It's public information.

Self-aggrandizement will not serve you well, son, whether CAP, the BSA, or life in general.  These days, especially, it is easy to

The activity itself is impressive enough on it's own merits, it doesn't need shoring up with insinuations of double-secret security measures
and sequestered troops waiting to pounce on Scouts with improperly colored flashlights.  Neither does your CAP experience need

They only said that there was a task force coordinating DoD and WVARNF assets. They never say anything that actually reveals security plans, besides there will be local, state, and federal assets at the site.

ARandomCadet

They never revealed anything besides a task force coordinating military assets, and that there will be assets from the local, state, and federal level.

Eclipse

The level of "not getting it" is strong in this one...

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: SarDragon on July 10, 2013, 09:23:13 PM

Can't stop the thread-lock clock!  >:D

BTW, Cadet Rainey... think OPSEC! Don't give the bad guys pieces to complete the puzzle regarding operations that are sensitive.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

lordmonar

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 09:04:42 PM
Why are YOU talking about it. 

I don't know how old you are....but really....you got no idea what you are talking about.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: lordmonar on July 10, 2013, 09:52:53 PM

I don't know how old you are....but really....you got no idea what you are talking about.
Why would they put the link out on Facebook if they didn't want people to see the post about security and safety. The actual title of the article is "Security and Saftey at the Jamboree." I'm 12 and I have somewhat of a knowledge of what I'm talking about, since I am a participant at the event, and am saying what they told me.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on July 10, 2013, 09:50:18 PM

Can't stop the thread-lock clock!  >:D

BTW, Cadet Rainey... think OPSEC! Don't give the bad guys pieces to complete the puzzle regarding operations that are sensitive.
I do think OPSEC, and if they are putting certain details out, those details have probably been screened so as not to release any important details. OPSEC is a very important thing, and that is why I do not share certain things to anybody (not even if I was asks by somebody with the higher security clearance out there). In fact I would say some things if they weren't sensitive.

Eclipse

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 10:09:34 PMI'm 12 and I have somewhat of a knowledge of what I'm talking about, since I am a participant at the event, and am saying what they told me.

No, you really don't.

Three things - first, you need to pick to pick your vector.  In just a few messages this went from "classified" to "on Facebook".  See above about self-aggrandizement.

Second - the discussion was unnecessary, as it is not relevent to anyone here, or even your inviting people to connect with you at the event, as if they are there,
they have the same info you do.

Third - just because someone else makes poor OPSEC decisions, doesn't mean you should compound them just because information is in the open.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 10:13:23 PMI do think OPSEC, and if they are putting certain details out, those details have probably been screened so as not to release any important details. OPSEC is a very important thing, and that is why I do not share certain things to anybody (not even if I was asks by somebody with the higher security clearance out there). In fact I would say some things if they weren't sensitive.

Clearly not the case - in this thread you have indicated that your father shares information with you that is not intended for the general membership.

In other threads you've indicated you live near an active AFB.

Boasting is one of the best ways the bad guys get information, and it's not usually one person, it's a number of people who "just tell a little", and then the power of Google assembles
the pieces.

An excellent piece of advice - you have two ears and one mouth, and they should be used in that proportion.  You've been in CAP about 15 minutes and Boy Scouts
probably less than a year, you don't even know what you don't know yet.

"That Others May Zoom"

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Eclipse on July 10, 2013, 10:16:51 PM
Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 10:09:34 PMI'm 12 and I have somewhat of a knowledge of what I'm talking about, since I am a participant at the event, and am saying what they told me.

No, you really don't.

Three things - first, you need to pick to pick your vector.  In just a few messages this went from "classified" to "on Facebook".  See above about self-aggrandizement.

Second - the discussion was unnecessary, as it is not relevent to anyone here, or even your inviting people to connect with you at the event, as if they are there,
they have the same info you do.

Third - just because someone else makes poor OPSEC decisions, doesn't mean you should compound them just because information is in the open.
Only one detail was put on Facebook, and the rest, well I don't know about because they didn't release it since it is confidential which is what is more correct.

Nuke52

Wait--whaaat??  He lives near an air base??  How in the HECK did you know that?!?  Next thing I know, you'll be telling me it's a pilot training base!
Lt Col
Wilson Awd

Eclipse

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 10:20:39 PMOnly one detail was put on Facebook, and the rest, well I don't know about because they didn't release it since it is confidential which is what is more correct.

Please look up that word somewhere.  Maybe that will help.

"That Others May Zoom"

ARandomCadet

And I would love to have had this locked this locked after my first two replies (after my post) which we're informational, as I did not intend for something like this to happen.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Eclipse on July 10, 2013, 10:21:30 PM
Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 10:20:39 PMOnly one detail was put on Facebook, and the rest, well I don't know about because they didn't release it since it is confidential which is what is more correct.

Well here is the definition of it:
Quote from: Merriam Webster Online Dictionary
Main Entry: con·fi·den·tial
Pronunciation: \ˌkän-fə-ˈden(t)-shəl\
Function: adjective
Date: 1759
1 : marked by intimacy or willingness to confide <a confidential tone> 2 : private, secret <confidential information> 3 : entrusted with confidences <a confidential clerk> 4 : containing information whose unauthorized disclosure could be prejudicial to the national interest — compare secret, top secret
— con·fi·den·ti·al·i·ty  \-ˌden(t)-shē-ˈa-lə-tē\ noun
— con·fi·den·tial·ly  \-ˈden(t)-sh(ə-)lē\ adverb

AlphaSigOU

Oy gevalt!  ::) The snowball is reaching gargantuan proportions... look out downhill!
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Nuke52

Quote from: Eclipse on July 10, 2013, 10:21:30 PM

From dictionary.com:

Somewhere: 
adverb
1.  in or at some place not specified, determined, or known: They live somewhere in Michigan.

2. to some place not specified or known: They went out somewhere.

3. at or to some point in amount, degree, etc. (usually followed by about, near,  etc.): He is somewhere about 60 years old.

4. at some point of time (usually followed by about, between, in,  etc.): somewhere about 1930; somewhere between 1930 and 1940; somewhere in the 1930s.

noun
5. an unspecified or uncertain place.

Sorry, couldn't help myself...  BTW, Who's on first?
Lt Col
Wilson Awd

Eclipse

^ Your reply "gets it" a lot more then Cadet Rainey's...

"That Others May Zoom"

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Nuke52 on July 10, 2013, 10:30:07 PM
Sorry, couldn't help myself...  BTW, Who's on first?

What's on second?  ;D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Nuke52

Quote from: Eclipse on July 10, 2013, 10:31:31 PM
^ Your reply "gets it" a lot more then Cadet Rainey's...

This is so much fun, I almost feel bad.

Notice I said, "almost"...
Lt Col
Wilson Awd

abdsp51

Cadet Rainey,

Your repeat posts show just how little you know, about dealing with any type of information.  I can assure that security arrangements for this are not classified and are more likely FOUO.  The DoD in this time of tight funds are not going to mobilize a task force for this event, it is not cost effective for them. 

The various branches may host activities there but that does not make them a task force in any capacity, and they would have to be directed by their Wg CC's and up to be used for anything and this is guided by the US code.  Any Task Force there will be mixed up of various LE and NG and other various agencies and there will be a MOU or MOA in place regarding the use of any DoD assets outside of the Guard. 

You need to focus more on learning and listening and less talking about things you know little about.  None of the plans for this event is classified at any level and at the most it is FOUO.  I strongly recommend that you listen to the advice being given to you.  If you carry this with you for the rest of your years your path will be difficult.

SarDragon

Cadet Rainey, the words Confidential, Secret, and Top Secret, have very specific definitions inside DoD.

I have included them, as well as a couple of other terms, as extracted from the NISPOM:

Classified Information. Official information that has been determined, pursuant to reference (b) or any predecessor order, to require protection against unauthorized disclosure in the interest of national security and which has been so designated. The term includes NSI, RD, and FRD.

CONFIDENTIAL. The classification level applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonable could be expected to cause damage to the national security that the original classification authority is able to identify or describe.

SECRET. The classification level applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause serious damage to the national security that the original classification authority is able to identify or describe.

TOP SECRET. The classification level applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonable could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security that the original classification authority is able to identify or describe.

"FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY" (FOUO). Intelligence information used to control dissemination of UNCLASSIFIED official government information until approved for public release by the originator. May be used only with UNCLASSIFIED on page markings.

Need-to-Know. A determination made by an authorized holder of classified information that a prospective recipient has a requirement for access to, knowledge, or possession of the classified information to perform tasks or services essential to the fulfillment of a classified contract or program.

I suggest that you step back and consider the experience and knowledge of the other folks on here before making any further rash statements about security issues. You are in over your head. Way over.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 10:09:34 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on July 10, 2013, 09:52:53 PM

Why would they put the link out on Facebook if they didn't want people to see the post about security and safety. The actual title of the article is "Security and Saftey at the Jamboree." I'm 12 and I have somewhat of a knowledge of what I'm talking about, since I am a participant at the event, and am saying what they told me.
Up until 4 weeks ago I was staff for the Jamboree.  I have been to two Jamborees as a participant ('81&'85).  I've been around the block a bit.

My point is that you come off as a bit of a know it all....and trying to show that you are all hard core cool.....but really.  Just cease and desist.   You are quickly becoming one of those guys who becomes persona non grata.

Have fun at the Jamboree.

lordmonar

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 10, 2013, 10:25:54 PM
And I would love to have had this locked this locked after my first two replies (after my post) which we're informational, as I did not intend for something like this to happen.
Welcome to CAPTALK....the way to stop this from happening is to stop posting.  It is that simple.  :)