My recruiting techniques are working!!!!

Started by usafcap1, October 31, 2012, 10:51:23 PM

usafcap1

A military recruiter called me about 30 mins ago and wants to join CAP. He wants me to meet him at the recruiting office on Friday. Which uniform should I wear Blues, BDUs?

Phone call number 1!!!!! woooooo hoooooo This has made my day!!!!
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Thrashed

He is probably looking for a source of recruits too.

Save the triangle thingy

whatevah

Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

usafcap1

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

a2capt

"techniques are working" implies you got a CAPF 12 or 15 filled out. :)

NIN

This is going to be one of those "five minutes ago, I thought I was recruiting you" conversations.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: usafcap1 on October 31, 2012, 10:51:23 PM
A military recruiter called me about 30 mins ago and wants to join CAP. He wants me to meet him at the recruiting office on Friday. Which uniform should I wear Blues, BDUs?

Just be cautious that if he does join, that it doesn't become an extension of his office at the unit. 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Майор Хаткевич

Private Investigator

+10 ^^

So he is going to be your assistant recruiter?   ::)

Cool Mace

My friend and I went to talk to an Air Force recruiter one time, and he ended up asking us about CAP. We spent more time talking him in to joining, then the other way around.
He told us once his son is of age, he would see if he's interested.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Flying Pig

I would wear your blues.  You are a cadet or a SM?  If you are a cadet going to recruit a potential SM, either be up on your information or bring a SM with you.  Odd that he would make an appointment to have you come meet him at his office.  I don't mean anything sinister.... I just mean seems like he may be interviewing you as well. ;D   Good luck, let us know how it goes

Eclipse

Quote from: Eclipse on November 01, 2012, 12:12:33 AM
Quote from: whatevah on October 31, 2012, 11:50:38 PM
$5 says he enlists

Double or nothing it was a pocket dial.

I'm upping my bet to him trying to recruit you.  There's no reason you'd need to come to his office.

After the initial phone call, he should be coming to a meeting, not the other way around.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

In June 1992 I got a call from the Marine recruiter on a lazy Saturday afternoon.  He asked what I was doing.  "Nothing" I said.  He says "Well, why dont you come on down and let me talk to you about the Marines.  If you dont like what I have to say, youll never hear from me again."  I hang up. 

"MOM....  Ill be back in a couple hours"   "OK" She responds.    Fast forward five years and Im getting off the plane back home for the last time wearing Sergeant chevrons and my Marine Alphas.  Everything in between is kind of a blurr   ;D  Let us know what your MOS is going to be ;D

usafcap1

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 01, 2012, 05:44:43 PM
I would wear your blues.  You are a cadet or a SM?  If you are a cadet going to recruit a potential SM, either be up on your information or bring a SM with you.  Odd that he would make an appointment to have you come meet him at his office.  I don't mean anything sinister.... I just mean seems like he may be interviewing you as well. ;D   Good luck, let us know how it goes

I am a SM.

(Cadet 2008-2012)

usafcap1

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 01, 2012, 09:37:51 PM
In June 1992 I got a call from the Marine recruiter on a lazy Saturday afternoon.  He asked what I was doing.  "Nothing" I said.  He says "Well, why dont you come on down and let me talk to you about the Marines.  If you dont like what I have to say, youll never hear from me again."  I hang up. 

"MOM....  Ill be back in a couple hours"   "OK" She responds.    Fast forward five years and Im getting off the plane back home for the last time wearing Sergeant chevrons and my Marine Alphas.  Everything in between is kind of a blurr   ;D  Let us know what your MOS is going to be ;D

I can't go in to the military ever. MaYbe if there were to be a draft. Maybe and only maybe.

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: usafcap1 on November 02, 2012, 02:02:50 PM

I can't go in to the military ever. MaYbe if there were to be a draft. Maybe and only maybe.

IIRC, the draft had the same standards as volunteering.

Pylon

Quote from: usafcap1 on October 31, 2012, 10:51:23 PM

To the OP:
What uniform to wear, you ask?  I am through-and-through an AF-style uniform guy.  Have worn AF-style uniforms 99.9% of every CAP activity I've been to in the last 13 years.  However, for this situation, I'd seriously and strenuously recommend the polo combo.  Do you own the polo?   If not, don't wear BDUs.  It's just not appropriate for a proper meeting in an office setting.  If you don't own the polo, maybe blues with no ribbons and/or lightweight jacket (weather depending) would be most appropriate.

That conversation sounds oddly familiar. Heh.  Just replace "Sergeant" with "Terminal Lance" for me.  ;)

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Flying Pig

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 02, 2012, 02:05:07 PM
Quote from: usafcap1 on November 02, 2012, 02:02:50 PM

IIRC, the draft had the same standards as volunteering.

I had a college professor who, during Vietnam applied to OCS for all four branches of the military.  When he was denied on medical reasons, he tried to enlist, trying every recruiter.  At one point I believe he tried to enlist under a different name and got caught.  He had a Masters Degree at the time, young, but had something that prevented him from joining, although he was actually very athletic.  He actually has a letter from a local congressman thanking him for his dedication.  The letter was essentially written saying, "Don't anyone ever try to claim this man tried to get out of serving."  It was a pretty neat letter.

Flying Pig

Quote from: Pylon on November 02, 2012, 02:24:36 PM

That conversation sounds oddly familiar. Heh.  Just replace "Sergeant" with "Terminal Lance" for me.  ;)

Cutting scores for 03 pretty high these days?