Monster winter storm could affect half the country

Started by ltcmark, February 01, 2011, 01:26:43 AM

a2capt

Just another nice clear day in Southern California.. see the static "web-cam" for details. :)

indygreg

2 hours of chipping ice and both vehicles are clear and there is a path to the driveway.

davidsinn

Quote from: a2capt on February 02, 2011, 05:33:21 PM

Just another nice clear day in Southern California.. see the static "web-cam" for details. :)

I've got a place in mind you could go to... >:D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

jimmydeanno

Quote from: davidsinn on February 02, 2011, 09:03:15 PM

...and it would still be warmer than where you are! :P
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

davidsinn

Quote from: jimmydeanno on February 02, 2011, 10:05:38 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on February 02, 2011, 09:03:15 PM

...and it would still be warmer than where you are! :P

IDK about that weather for Hell. ;D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Major Carrales

My school closed it door for the rest of the week on account of rolling brownouts.  We already had Friday off for the livestock show.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SarDragon

It was a bit windy here last night and today. There were several tree service truck out and about removing fallen trees as I took the car over to get serviced. And maybe chilly, too - in the low 50s. It's 55 and clear here, with a forecast of dark later in the evening, followed by continued dark until morning.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ol'fido

The whole thing kind of wrapped around Southern Illinois. Not much going on except blowing snow which ain't sticking and CCCOOOLLLLDDDD! Thought it might be slick since it rained all day yesterday but the high winds pretty much evaporated it. Main roads are clear and dry. Biggest headache for me was that my STL Post Dispatch didn't get delivered before I left for work.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Always trying to look on the bright side... there's no way the plow driver can hit my mailbox. Just the door is visible; the mailbox and post are safely buried in an 8 foot snow bank.

About a dozen roofs collapsed in Connecticut today, so I'm feeling a little better about keeping mine cleared. Snow rakes are being scalped at $100 or more.

Eclipse

With the winds being so high, there is very little snow on the roofs around here.

Took a drive for some 'joe a bit ago.  Streets are plowed and no big deal, mountains everywhere,
most area businesses open, but McD's, and Starbuck's ((*sniff*)) were still snowed in with plows just
starting to show up.

At least around here we can get back to worrying about the next American Idol.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on February 03, 2011, 02:35:54 AM
With the winds being so high, there is very little snow on the roofs around here.

Took a drive for some 'joe a bit ago.  Streets are plowed and no big deal, mountains everywhere,
most area businesses open, but McD's, and Starbuck's ((*sniff*)) were still snowed in with plows just
starting to show up.

At least around here we can get back to worrying about the next American Idol.

My roads are clear, a huge improvement over 24 hours ago. Though if I had stopped at the pumps when I went to the convenience store I would still be there trying to push or dig out.

How did you even find your driveway? ;D

Slim

Quote from: davidsinn on February 02, 2011, 11:23:26 PM
IDK about that weather for Hell. ;D

Michigan...the only state where you can visit Hell, Nirvana, Paradise, and Christmas in the same day.  It's a long drive, but doable.

Slim

meganite

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jeders

We only got like 5" or so, a light dusting compared to some places. However, the city of Abilene and TxDOT aren't familiar with this thing you call snow. Finally they're bringing in more snow trucks from up to three hours away so that there will be more than 2 operating in the entire city. Of course those are TxDOT trucks, which means the actual city streets will remain terrible until this stuff finally melts off on its own.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

ColonelJack

Sparky ...

You got a day off for a livestock festival?  I find that very a-moo-sing.  Udderly ridiculous, in fact.

(Yes, I can milk that for more bad jokes ... but then you might have a real beef with me, and my honor would be at steak.  I'll stop now.)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

JoeTomasone

Careful, Colonel, you might hit him in a tender loi.....errr...   spot.      >:D

Major Lord

Quote from: ColonelJack on February 03, 2011, 03:21:18 PM
Sparky ...

You got a day off for a livestock festival?  I find that very a-moo-sing.  Udderly ridiculous, in fact.

(Yes, I can milk that for more bad jokes ... but then you might have a real beef with me, and my honor would be at steak.  I'll stop now.)

Jack

Those cows may seem funny, but they would kill you and everyone you love given half a chance! I see you are in "rare" humor.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Major Carrales

Quote from: Major Lord on February 03, 2011, 04:28:25 PM
Quote from: ColonelJack on February 03, 2011, 03:21:18 PM
Sparky ...

Jack

Those cows may seem funny, but they would kill you and everyone you love given half a chance! I see you are in "rare" humor.

Major Lord

Gentlemen, there is too much as "steak" to be making these jokes.  Our Bovine friends have been dealt a sorry "lot" in life.  That type of "ribbing" at their expense is unbecoming, I've got a "beef" with that!

So, don't make me have to "corral" y'all up and "roast" y'all alive.  I won't put up with this kind of "bull" around these parts.

And you know me...I'll fight you 'till the "cows come home!!!"

(There, that should be about all of them  ;) )
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454