The Secret To Success In CAP

Started by Eclipse, September 16, 2010, 05:04:14 AM

Bluelakes 13

Quote from: Hilltop on October 06, 2010, 06:33:40 PM
My only curiosity is, does anyone read CAPTalk that is in a position to make any of the changes? If so, Would they actually make the changes being that the suggestions/complaints are coming from a forum such as this?

I certainly hope not.  Most members here are anonymous, so for me to take a suggestion to NHQ from an anonymous source would be... well, you know.

A better approach would be that if you see an opinion you like here, or anywhere for that matter, you take it through your chain of command.

Eclipse

Quote from: Bluelakes 13 on October 06, 2010, 07:29:48 PM
My only curiosity is, does anyone read CAPTalk that is in a position to make any of the changes? If so, Would they actually make the changes being that the suggestions/complaints are coming from a forum such as this?

I certainly hope not.  Most members here are anonymous, so for me to take a suggestion to NHQ from an anonymous source would be... well, you know.

A better approach would be that if you see an opinion you like here, or anywhere for that matter, you take it through your chain of command.

Further, and contrary to the belief of some members here, very little "new" is ever raised that hasn't been on the table or a known issue for years. 

Much of the discussion here is rehashing and re-answering the same questions and derivitives of those questions, peppered with the occasional political comment disguised as a question.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hilltop

Quote from: Eclipse on October 06, 2010, 07:37:22 PM

Further, and contrary to the belief of some members here, very little "new" is ever raised that hasn't been on the table or a known issue for years. 

Much of the discussion here is rehashing and re-answering the same questions and derivitives of those questions, peppered with the occasional political comment disguised as a question.

If so, then why do it? Even though a topic has been brought to review before doesn't mean it can't/shouldn't be done again, especially if it would do good for the members. Sometimes things need to be brought to the table multiple times before the real point of help is understood. If something such as revising the 39-1 can be brought up for review only once, please let me know, I don't mean to be a drag or to put a bee in any body's bonnet or anything like that.

I was a cadet and came back into CAP for the love of it, and I would just like to see CAP move forward.

JeffDG

Why?  If an idea has merit, regardless of the source, why can't you use your own judgment in forwarding it?

Eclipse

Quote from: Hilltop on October 06, 2010, 08:43:59 PM
If so, then why do it? Even though a topic has been brought to review before doesn't mean it can't/shouldn't be done again, especially if it would do good for the members. Sometimes things need to be brought to the table multiple times before the real point of help is understood. If something such as revising the 39-1 can be brought up for review only once, please let me know, I don't mean to be a drag or to put a bee in any body's bonnet or anything like that.

I was a cadet and came back into CAP for the love of it, and I would just like to see CAP move forward.

You're missing the point - first, there is a whole lot of great information and effective discussion on this board which is available to anyone
who is willing to spend the time with the search button.

Second, walking in the door and suggesting that 39-1 needs a re-write indicates that you haven't bothered to spend any time doing the first thing.

There are a number of influential people who participate actively, and a whole lot more who lurk - occasionally there is resolution that can almost certainly be shown as a direct line from here to result, but with that said, most of it is just circular argument on the same topics
that we have been beating to atoms for 10 years.

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

^ I agree with Eclipse.  Many members in leadership positions read and/or contribute to this forum.  It's a great way to vet ideas and an even better way to hear gripes about CAP.  I know of a few ideas started on CT which made it to NB agenda items.  We can all be proud of that.   CT is, IMHO, a well moderated discussion board of interested CAP members and others willing to sound in on topics relating to the Civil Air Patrol. 
That is a good thing... ;)

a2capt

Wow, suspended .. after three posts. Must be a shill.
No success there..

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MIKE

Mike Johnston

manfredvonrichthofen

Me actually, I have been getting some emails since I posted my name and that if you google me, I would pop up rather close to the top. So, I wanted this account closed so that maybe those emails would stop, but there isn't a delete account button nor will they delete it for me or anything. The emails that I have been getting makes me rather uncomfortable and I would just like them to stop. I don't know who they come from, I don't want to know, I just want them to stop.

**EDIT**

I guess I'll just delete them as they come in and block the senders. I do enjoy this forum.

My question of "If so, then why do it?" was mainly aimed at if there are such strong opinions, why not continually try to push them up through the command? I would do it myself, but I do not feel that I have been active on the SM side of CAP *long enough* to do it quite yet.

Johnny Yuma

Success in CAP? Where Do I begin...

- Underwear is never worn outside the pants (tag goes in back)
- Flush
- They're call a "Boot". You put your foot in them
- Avoid the rapidly rotating blades on the front of those funny looking 3 wheelers
- Don't call the National Commander "Toots"
- The NEC is never referred to referred to as "Amy's minions" (that's the National Board)
- Those are Air Force officers, not waiters
  - We do not tell the cadet's parents that we lost their kid and they need to go make us       another one

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

HGjunkie

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on October 08, 2010, 02:16:08 AM
- Flush
Do I want to know?  :D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

SarDragon

Quote from: HGjunkie on October 11, 2010, 09:10:33 PM
- Flush

Probably not.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: SarDragon on October 11, 2010, 10:26:40 PM
Quote from: HGjunkie on October 11, 2010, 09:10:33 PM
- Flush

Probably not.  ;)

Brand new cadets and old timer seniors have so much in common... >:D
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven: