Blue Tooths... Blue Teeth ?

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, August 30, 2012, 05:47:14 AM

manfredvonrichthofen

I don't know which to use when you pluralize  Blue Tooth,  is it blue tooth or blue teeth?  Oh well, I don't quite care...

I am Klingon for an attachment device for a blue tooth earpiece for an  EFJ handheld. Anyone know where I might find them?

EDIT: I AM NOT LOOKING TO KLINGON A BLUE TOOTH... I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY THAT POPPED UP ON MY SPELL CHECK. I HAVE NEVER TYPED THE WORD KLINGON... I DON'T LIKE NEW PHONES...

SarDragon

Then root around in your settings and turn off the auto-complete function.   ;)

As for the plural - bluetooths.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

rugger1869

BTW the plural for aircraft is aircraft, not AIRCRAFTS. Sorry pet peeve. That is all.

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: rugger1869 on August 30, 2012, 08:37:21 AM
BTW the plural for aircraft is aircraft, not AIRCRAFTS. Sorry pet peeve. That is all.
I hear that one.

Garibaldi

Quote from: SarDragon on August 30, 2012, 06:00:25 AM
Then root around in your settings and turn off the auto-complete function.   ;)

As for the plural - bluetooths.

Down here it's Bluetoofs.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

wuzafuzz

I surrender and say "Bluetooth devices.".  ;)
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Al Sayre

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on August 30, 2012, 05:47:14 AM
I don't know which to use when you pluralize  Blue Tooth,  is it blue tooth or blue teeth?  Oh well, I don't quite care...

I am Klingon for an attachment device for a blue tooth earpiece for an  EFJ handheld. Anyone know where I might find them?

EDIT: I AM NOT LOOKING TO KLINGON A BLUE TOOTH... I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY THAT POPPED UP ON MY SPELL CHECK. I HAVE NEVER TYPED THE WORD KLINGON... I DON'T LIKE NEW PHONES...

Try borg devices.  Resistance is futile you will be assimilated...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

vento

Quote from: Al Sayre on August 30, 2012, 02:10:20 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on August 30, 2012, 05:47:14 AM

Try borg devices.  Resistance is futile you will be assimilated...

Hey, don't promote anything from MS here in CT, I know... resistance is futile.

Critical AOA

Quote from: rugger1869 on August 30, 2012, 08:37:21 AM

I work in the aviation industry and you would not believe how many times I see aircrafts and hanger (rather than hangar) used by others who should know better. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Critical AOA

Quote from: wuzafuzz on August 30, 2012, 01:40:46 PM
I surrender and say "Bluetooth devices.".  ;)

That is absolutely the correct way to say it. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Brad

Agreed.

"Bluetooth device" and "Bluetooth devices".

Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard name, not a physical object. The device is the object, it merely communicates using the Bluetooth standard.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

a2capt

"Mouse devices", too. Many OEM style guides state this. As well as the "Bluetooth devices" line.

Television set, ... why 'set'?

You don't hear "Radio set" anymore either. Though that kinda made more sense .. with the transmitter setup. OTOH, maybe I sorta answered my own question on television,  though while television was an extension of radio, a personal television transmission setup wasn't usually in the cards, where as radio it's not uncommon.

manfredvonrichthofen

Oh never mind... This is the fastest derail I have ever seen Lol.

I will bow attempt to lobodomise myself.

EMT-83

No doubt with the correct "lobotomy device".

a2capt

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: EMT-83 on August 30, 2012, 04:46:45 PM
No doubt with the correct "lobotomy device".
Now where do I pick one of those up?

a2capt

manfredvonrichthofen