boots on sarex or live mission

Started by shoresfinest, January 16, 2012, 06:48:25 AM

shoresfinest

do i have to wear my black reg boots if my sage gren altama's are much more comfortable and suited for the task?

Sapper168

Quote from: shoresfinest on January 16, 2012, 06:48:25 AM
do i have to wear my black reg boots if my sage gren altama's are much more comfortable and suited for the task?

Right.........
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

shoresfinest

so am i allowed to go with the more convenient option?

abdsp51

shoresfinest

yes really cuz i have conflicting arguements coming from 2 sr members in my squadron

abdsp51

Check with your CC not seeing anything anywhere about sage boots even being authorized.  Someone else here may have an idea.

shoresfinest

its not a matter of authorization.....im talkin about when ur out in the field like i was on standby ready to go when irene hit and i live on the shore
does it matter if its live

abdsp51

Sorry but without anything in writing I wouldn't consider it field or not.  And having worn both materials in the field depending on the location suede is not the best for field work. 

Extremepredjudice

Suede boots aren't authorized.

Just save up and buy better black boots.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

niferous

No you can't. There is the simple answer.
Any advice I give is worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Eclipse

Quote from: shoresfinest on January 16, 2012, 08:28:17 AM
its not a matter of authorization.....

Yes, it is.  Our uniform doesn't change with the mission. 

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Pineys are a bit stubborn.  ;)   {Former member of 29096.}
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

cpyahoo

Can't really speak for your situation.  On my ground team, I let my cadets wear practical footwear such as hiking boots on missions and during training.  It helps avoid messing up their good combat boots that they wear for regualr meetings and inspections.  I don't get too wrapped up in regulations when we're out in the woods getting crapped up in the mud and weather.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: cpyahoo on January 19, 2012, 01:52:26 AM
Can't really speak for your situation.  On my ground team, I let my cadets wear practical footwear such as hiking boots on missions and during training.  It helps avoid messing up their good combat boots that they wear for regualr meetings and inspections.  I don't get too wrapped up in regulations when we're out in the woods getting crapped up in the mud and weather.

Who says they can't have two pairs of boots?

Full disclosure: I'm a little more lenient on this topic in the winter (a couple of my GTMs have Thinsulate hunting boots). I'll take my 10 lashings with cpyahoo now.

JK657

Of course you can wear them.... with your ABUs............... >:D

SSGT FAY

Sorry but black boot only no Sage boots  wear with Abu uniform only on active duty guard or reserve status not at cap unless acting in official USAF duty as per USAF afi and cap regs which if ur not a liaison of USAF to cap then forget it

Point blank and period end of discussion

Shawn c "leprechaun" Fay
Ssgt, USAF-ANG 123mxs/mxmp
2a651-aerospace propulsion mechanic

shoresfinest

Quote from: JK657 on January 20, 2012, 09:08:36 AM

why thanks you i'll wear them in JROTC hahaha see we already got them

SSGT FAY

Quote from: shoresfinest on January 20, 2012, 08:52:17 PM
Quote from: JK657 on January 20, 2012, 09:08:36 AM

why thanks you i'll wear them in JROTC hahaha see we already got them

If I remember correctly afjrotc don't wear Abu yet but then again I haven't been in afjrotc since 2003 but if your af jrotc det cc has infact been given perrmission to wear ABUs then by all means wear your sage boots with ABUs but black boots aren't authorized to be worn with ABUs and sage not authorized for BDUs
Shawn c "leprechaun" Fay

lordmonar

You know....I don't think the USAF even really cares too much about what AFROTC and AFJROTC are doing.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SSGT FAY

Shawn c "leprechaun" Fay