CAP Resumes...

Started by djpetzold, July 10, 2019, 11:01:16 PM

djpetzold

Soo...what's with CAP resumes? I'm applying for a position within my squadron and have to submit a CAP resume. There's really nothing that outlines a CAP specific format for resumes, just some good tips for any civilian resume (i.e. LTL Vol. 2 pp. 176-177). Does anyone have an example resume I could base mine off of, or is there a standardized CAP format?

Thanks!

Zvezda

I've always used chapter 21 of the af tongue and quill for cap resumes: https://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/saf_cio_a6/publication/afh33-337/afh33-337.pdf

They have great examples and guidelines

CFToaster

FWIW, here's mine: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTNlWtkTmjcjo0iOqnyuNmqiL4XyqBAAbo16VwYS67_D2nx-7Jqd0gAz62Vu25X6nH849IrEchPvEtb/pub

I've never put a job objective on my resume', because I've only ever submitted for one opening per organization at any given time. If you're open to more than one posiition (such as applying for encampment staff), you may want to consider doing so.  Also, this version of my resume' is specifically targeted at an opening for a Health Services Officer; for most other positions within CAP, I would probably not have listed ALL of my outside healthcare certs.

GaryVC

As a senior member, I have a simple statement on my CAP Resume which is good for all occasions.

Objective:
To provide outstanding volunteer service to the Civil Air Patrol.

Eclipse

Quote from: GaryVC on July 11, 2019, 03:13:09 PM
As a senior member, I have a simple statement on my CAP Resume which is good for all occasions.

Objective:
To provide outstanding volunteer service to the Civil Air Patrol.

That's not a relevent "objective", that's a mission statement.

I've never seen the point of the "objectives" on a resume - your objective is to get whatever job you're applying for,
at which point your objectives are set for you.

"That Others May Zoom"

Kayll'b

There is no "standard" for a resume in CAP, however I would suggest following the resume in the 'learn to lead'.

There are also some tips on P14 in the SDA guide.
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder

jhighman

In Squadron Officer School, we spent a good amount of time on writing our biography using the Air Force template. I am attaching mine for reference. Sorry I don't have the blank template file handy from my phone but perhaps when I get to a computer I can try to add it.

I realize that a biography doesn't seem like a resume, and I would never send this thing to a civilian employer in lieu of a resume. However for the majority of CAP needs, it's quite relevant and specific. Of course, YMMV.

Holding Pattern

You attached a 0kb file. I don't think that was the intent.

SarDragon

It loaded up just fine for me, both mobile and computer.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

All,

When jhighman uploaded that file it was saying "0 KB," I saw it as well. Holding Pattern saw it and reported it. Jhighman must have seen that message and re-posted it before SAR tested it. But yeah, initially it said "0 KB."

Even tho this is a trivial issue, since SAR posted his message doubting Holding's message. The issue is solved.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer