Lifesaving Award Scenario

Started by coastguard69, May 02, 2013, 11:16:12 PM

lordmonar

So we agree......we should not be criticizing units for opting out of missions....until NHQ through the wings provide us with these mission goals.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on May 10, 2013, 04:08:54 AM
So we agree......we should not be criticizing units for opting out of missions....until NHQ through the wings provide us with these mission goals.

That's not what I said.

Like all things CAP, absent higher HQ clarification or direction, everything falls back to the regs, and the regs are clear the mission is not a menu.
If you aren't clear on the general expectations in the average unit in the average wing in CAP, you probably shouldn't be a Unit CC.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on May 10, 2013, 04:27:40 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 10, 2013, 04:08:54 AM

That's not what I said.

Like all things CAP, absent higher HQ clarification or direction, everything falls back to the regs, and the regs are clear the mission is not a menu.
If you aren't clear on the general expectations in the average unit in the average wing in CAP, you probably shouldn't be a Unit CC.
I guess we have to agree to disagree then. 

I would also suggest that again......you can't criticize squadron commanders for not doing their jobs.....when national, region, wing and group are not doing their jobs.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Walkman on May 10, 2013, 02:51:13 AM
Question for you (and no attitude intended with this): have you ever been in a small squadron yourself? I've only been in units that are more like Eclipse mentions: smaller with people wearing several hats doing lots of work. My experience in CAP has been vastly different from what you describe, and frankly, I'm jealous. I'd really love to be part of a unit where I only have one DA instead of the 3+1 Group assignments I have now.

I have. I used to be in a cadet squadron that only had 3-4 senior members. Everyone had multiple jobs and we had to rely heavily on our cadet staff for many squadron functions. I was also in a small senior squadron once. Even my current squadron has had its share of turn over. Last year we lost several experienced members, which created some challenges for us. It took us almost a year to get back to where we used to be. I'm just now starting to pass on to others some of the jobs I've been doing over the last year.

Quote from: Walkman on May 10, 2013, 02:51:13 AM
Kinda' funny and typical for CT, I had to go back and re-read the previous 5 pages on this thread to remember how we got from donating blood and the lifesaving ribbon all the way to recruiting and unit manning.

Agree. What were we talking about again?  ;D

Private Investigator

Quote from: Devil Doc on May 09, 2013, 11:40:29 AM
Travel shouldnt take more 8 hours from Illionis to New Jersey/New York area. More like 3 days then. 2 days of Volunteering, then travel day. I did not calculate Travel that much. So Friday night leave, Volunteer Sat and Sun, Drive Back Monday?

OK but who is running the show on Monday? Do we shut down the mission?

Just like the Fosset mission that involved CAWG, NVWG, PCR and NHQ. You can bring in teams for shorter periods but they have to be managed. Lets look at just the GTs. Mon thru Fri lets say you have two GTL and six GTMs. You can run two GT. On Saturday you have 12 GTL and 40 GTMs. We likely do not need twelve different Ground Teams. Same with air resources, we only have six planes but we have 20 MP, 30 MO and 40 MS have volunteered for Saturday. What about Monday   

Devil Doc

Quote from: Private Investigator on May 11, 2013, 04:08:20 PM
Quote from: Devil Doc on May 09, 2013, 11:40:29 AM
Travel shouldnt take more 8 hours from Illionis to New Jersey/New York area. More like 3 days then. 2 days of Volunteering, then travel day. I did not calculate Travel that much. So Friday night leave, Volunteer Sat and Sun, Drive Back Monday?

OK but who is running the show on Monday? Do we shut down the mission?

Just like the Fosset mission that involved CAWG, NVWG, PCR and NHQ. You can bring in teams for shorter periods but they have to be managed. Lets look at just the GTs. Mon thru Fri lets say you have two GTL and six GTMs. You can run two GT. On Saturday you have 12 GTL and 40 GTMs. We likely do not need twelve different Ground Teams. Same with air resources, we only have six planes but we have 20 MP, 30 MO and 40 MS have volunteered for Saturday. What about Monday

I don't know, lol. Im not a Ground Branch Director or Air Branch Director. Good Points you make.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.