Where to download Milestone Exams

Started by Phil Hirons, Jr., May 11, 2018, 08:23:03 PM

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I've recently given in and switched to the "new" e-services UI. I have a cadet who wants to take the Wright on paper (no internet at Sq) and I can not find where to download the one time test.

GZCP31

Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

To provide some instruction for the OP and anyone else who faces a similar challenge---

1. Log into eServices.
2. Select the Cadet Programs menu. Select Cadet Online Testing from the applications.
3. Select Milestone Tests from the modules.
4. Select Download Quiz from the modules.
5. Select the applicable milestone test from the drop-down quiz menu. Download and print.

The downloadable milestone tests are located in a sub-area of the Milestone Tests section, not the Admin section, where you can find the achievement tests.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Thanks all.

I assigned myself Asst TO (that's now allowed as CC did not have the eServices permission to admin tests per regs) during the session I was looking. I suspect the permissions did not update until I logged in again.

Eclipse

Wow.  That's a pretty big change that wasn't really called out when the reg was published.

Also silly as you can appoint assistants in a unit without having a primary, so what is the point
of the distinction?

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

CAPR 50-4:
Quote6.1. Persons Authorized to Handle CAP Tests. Only the unit commander, the TO and assistant(s) are authorized access to controlled CAP testing materials except as follows: [following items deleted, not pertinent]

6.5. Subordinate Unit Testing Officers. Subordinate unit commanders must appoint a TO (and assistants if required) if any controlled testing materials are stored by their respective unit or if they anticipate the administration of controlled written testing materials at the unit. Subordinate unit commanders may not serve as testing officers but may serve as an assistant TO.

6.7. Controlled Test Materials Storage. NOTE: if a unit does not have any paper (hard-copy) tests assigned, it does not need to have storage.

So the Squadron Commander has to appoint a Primary Testing Officer if paper tests are going to be administered. You don't have to maintain the paper tests anymore, but, if you are administering printed cadet tests downloaded from eServices, you have to appoint a TO.

The Commander appointing himself as an Assistant TO without a Primary TO would be in violation of the regulation. You have to find a Primary.

Eclipse

(FYI - it's CAPR 40-2 now.)

I suppose some units are still albatrossing themselves with local paper.  I fergit that.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Eclipse on May 14, 2018, 04:08:40 PM
(FYI - it's CAPR 40-2 now.)

I suppose some units are still albatrossing themselves with local paper.  I fergit that.

Corrected. Thanks.