Main Menu

Wing Transportation

Started by krnlpanick, August 04, 2012, 01:48:15 AM

krnlpanick

So I was recently appointed as the new Wing Transportation officer for COWG - I am curious if there are any others on CT who are interested in swapping procedures and tips.

Sound off!

2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

arajca

1. Be polite.
2. Remember - you do not set policy, the wing commander does.
3. Be polite.
4. Even though you are new, for many you are now THE expert in all things transportation.
5. Rogaine  >:D

krnlpanick

Hahah - indeed, I am well past rogaine however, my widows peaks are starting to look like 14'ers.

AngelWings

Quote from: krnlpanick on August 04, 2012, 04:15:44 AM
Hahah - indeed, I am well past rogaine however, my widows peaks are starting to look like 14'ers.
Toupee?

krnlpanick

Bah, I earned my 14'ers - besides the hair would flap back every time the pilot opened the window with me sitting in the back seat..  >:D

jimmydeanno

I would point out that there isn't a need to create more transportation related paperwork than already exists.  I've been in wings where quarterly reports were expected to be submitted that just repeated the information on the CAPF 73's, where we had to submit photographs of the vehicles - monthly - to prove that we weren't just fudging the vehicle inspection checklists, etc.

Make sure that your units know what is and isn't covered in terms of maintenance.  Some wings have funds for periodic maintenance, others don't, some folks don't know that NHQ will pay for certain items and end up taking money out of their own accounts to cover those things, etc.

Work towards getting rid of the old junk that keeps breaking down, and be realistic about vehicle assignments.  Sometimes, the units that aren't putting many miles on their van don't for a reason.  If their van is a 1978 Vanagon or something, they may not like to use it because of the likelyhood of maintenance issues, lack of air conditioning in the summer, etc.  So, that unit may be passed up for a vehicle replacement because they don't use it, but might actually be in a position to use a van if it were in better condition.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

krnlpanick

Sound advice, sir, and noted. Thanks for your input!