Main Menu

WILSON CERTIFICATE

Started by Strick, May 02, 2010, 02:00:31 AM

Strick

Wing lost my Wilison Award,,,,How can I replace it?

Thanks
[darn]atio memoriae

a2capt

Or more importantly, how can Wing replace it.

They lost it. You shouldn't have to do anything. .. .

Alas, I would imagine the same chain of command that issued it, whoever was the final authority should be able to ask for another one. See if it's viewable electronically, the chain of approvals is there, call NHQ on Monday, it's well past 4-20, they should be back now. ;-)

Lets just hope the numbers are not imprinted...

AdAstra

Congratulations on your Wilson.

Unfortunately, these things happen once in a while. Good news: it's really easy to remedy! Contact your wing director of professional development and ask that he/she request a replacement certificate from the Professional Development Registrar at NHQ. She will print a replacement, complete with the original date and award number.
Charles Wiest

Strick

Good news the Wing found it...They are mailing it to me.....So much for a formal presentation. GOTA LOVE THE PD PROGRAM :clap:
[darn]atio memoriae

dwb

For future reference, if a certificate is misplaced you can call NHQ member services and they'll send  another one lickity-split.

Strick

Thanks, I knew they did it for cadet awards but was not sure about Senior awards.  The cadet program folks at NHQ have been helpful when replacing cadet awards.
[darn]atio memoriae

AlphaSigOU

If you have a cadet milestone award or senior member professional development award recorded on file on CAP eServices, it's no problem getting a replacement or duplicate certificate from them at no charge. I have duplicates of my Mitchell, Earhart, SM Certificate of Proficiency, Loening and Garber awards gracing my wall here on Kwajalein - my original certificates are stateside! (I get a snicker at my Mitchell and Earhart dupes - they're signed by the current national commander (Gen Courter) and lists my old squadron charter number in Texas Wing - older cadet milestone award certificates don't have them. I earned them as a cadink in Florida Wing.)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040