Now THIS is the airplane we SHOULD be flying...

Started by Nomex Maximus, March 21, 2009, 09:15:17 PM

heliodoc

And with all the lead by example, integrity issues, people worrying about pencil whipping

Maybe those WingStaffers that are being hauled around in the C206 need to lead by example and lose the weight and maybe look like their AF brethern....... lean and mean

If CAP purports and reports about cadets being overweight.........time for those folks to look in the mirror and takes few laps around the airfield..

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

You think I'm kidding??  50 percent of CAP ers could use a 90 day basic to get their weights down

CAPSGT

Quote from: Mustang on March 28, 2009, 06:48:09 AM
Quote from: sardak on March 27, 2009, 08:26:48 PM
It appears we have 10 Turbo 182s and 2 Turbo 206s.
182s in CO, UT, MD, NV and 206s in WA and AK.

And why MD has a turbocharged aircraft is as big a mystery as why NY, FL and PA have 206s.

It's actually quite an old aircraft and is very expensive to fly.  We inherited the aircraft from MER HQ several years ago, and from what I understand it came from DE before that.  It had been the original MER SDIS platform, and when they started expanding SDIS to wing level assets, we got that instead of a new plane.  We haven't really kept it around because we want a turbocharged aircraft, but because it offers something for pilots to use to get complex endorsements in and train for commercial ratings in.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Flying Pig

You mean High Performance Endorsements?  Complex has retractable gear.  HP is an engine over 200HP.

CAPSGT

No, I meant complex.  It's a Cessna T182RG, the only retractable in the wing.

Flying Pig

Holy cow.  Cool.  Its probably the only retrac in CAP?

CAPSGT

Nope, it looks like there are retractables (from a quick glance) in CO, MD, ME, MN, NC, NER HQ, NY, SC, and TX.

Gunner C

Quote from: CAPSGT on March 31, 2009, 03:37:58 PM
No, I meant complex.  It's a Cessna T182RG, the only retractable in the wing.
It's not 7389T is it?

CAPSGT

NIN

Finally found that photo directory on an unused USB hard disk at home. (the one that has that "i'm about to die on you" clicking sound to it.. no wonder it was turned off)

These were found about 5 years ago (judging by the file dates) on one of those "special operations" sites.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Here are some more...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

I don't recall downloading all these photos.. I must have gone right-click crazy...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NIN

This is the last of them, I think...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NIN

Did we every fly T-6 Texans? Even back in, say, the 1950s?

EDIT: Anybody recognize any of the dudes in that photo?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

cnitas

The things you 'learn' on the internet.   :D
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

NIN

Where the hell is Camp Peary, VA?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

cnitas

From Wiki:
Camp Peary is a military reservation in York County near Williamsburg, Virginia. Officially it is referred to as the Armed Forces Experimental Training Activity (AFETA) under the auspices of the Department of Defense, but it is widely believed to be the location of a covert CIA training facility known as "The Farm".

So I guess that was not you in the orange jumpsuit jumping out of the OD cessna?

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/67741/

They have an airfield, so it could be legit   ;)
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

NIN

Quote from: cnitas on April 01, 2009, 04:26:12 PM
From Wiki:
Camp Peary is a military reservation in York County near Williamsburg, Virginia. Officially it is referred to as the Armed Forces Experimental Training Activity (AFETA) under the auspices of the Department of Defense, but it is widely believed to be the location of a covert CIA training facility known as "The Farm". It has a sister facility, "The Point", located in Hertford, North Carolina.

You know, now that I think about it, this may be the place where my grandfather went to Seabee training during WWII..  He said it was in Virginia near DC. He was a hard-hat diver for the Seabees.  Interesting...

So I guess that was not you in the orange jumpsuit jumping out of the OD cessna?

Looks like fore-and-aft gear.  I've never jumped a bellywart reserve.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

jimmydeanno

Camp Peary is one of those places they have issues if you fly over.  One of my cadets (who is now at the USAFA) took me for a aerial tour of the area shortly after getting her pilot's certificate.  She made sure to give that area plenty of space.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Mustang

Quote from: CAPSGT on March 31, 2009, 04:02:21 PM
Nope, it looks like there are retractables (from a quick glance) in CO, MD, ME, MN, NC, NER HQ, NY, SC, and TX.

Hrmph.  UT was forced to give up their TR182 when its engine hit TBO.  Took NHQ almost 2 yrs to sell it.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

es_g0d

That's because the airplane sales procedure is more secretive than some real-world USAF missions I've been involved with.  Someone is hooking someone else up ... my case in point is N99237.
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net