Main Menu

Membership Cards

Started by DogCollar, February 02, 2010, 01:20:30 PM

DogCollar

I seem to recall the NHQ was having some problems with producing membership cards a little while back.  Does anyone know if that problem has been rectified.  I was promoted on 15 January, but I have not yet received my new card reflecting my new grade.

Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

Pylon

Quote from: DogCollar on February 02, 2010, 01:20:30 PM
I seem to recall the NHQ was having some problems with producing membership cards a little while back.  Does anyone know if that problem has been rectified.  I was promoted on 15 January, but I have not yet received my new card reflecting my new grade.

It must be fixed since I renewed towards the end of December, and just received my new membership card yesterday.  There might be a backlog still.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Thrashed

I've been waiting since October.

Save the triangle thingy

Strick

I recived my new card and it states that I am a Maj Maj, must be a new grade, Two bottle caps per shoulder :D.  They must have a new vendor making the things.
[darn]atio memoriae

Pylon

Or maybe they mean, among CAP Majors, you're a major Major.   ;)

Cecil DP

Quote from: Strick on February 02, 2010, 02:08:27 PM
I recived my new card and it states that I am a Maj Maj, must be a new grade, Two bottle caps per shoulder :D .  They must have a new vendor making the things.

It's Catch 22!
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Strick

I am not sweating it, I always carry the picture ID.  I did notice that the new cards are not as shiny as the old ones.  I have been telling memebers to go print out the paper I.D for the mean time. Unfourtanely at the main gate of any base that requires your state DL and CAP I.D you might get a funny look from the young man or lady with the nice automatic weapon.
[darn]atio memoriae

Capt_Redfox30

I promoted in September and Renewed in October and still haven't received anything. 
Kirk Thirtyacre, Lt Col, CAP
(Acting) Group Commander
Group 3 HQ

Larry Mangum

Renewed in mid January, received new card last week.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

WT

Renewed end of December, also ordered picture IDs at the same time.  Received picture IDs two weeks ago, but still have not receievd normal ID card from the renewal.

Dragon 3-2

renewed in December, got my new card....but it has CADET as the rank lol.... just a little reminder of times passed :)

Captain  Steven Smith
Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team

SarDragon

Are you listed as a Cadet or SM in eServices?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Dragon 3-2

im a senior member, but i renewed as a cadet back in december, and my card got to me about a week before i corssed over

Captain  Steven Smith
Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Dragon 3-2 on February 03, 2010, 03:48:23 AM
renewed in December, got my new card....but it has CADET as the rank lol.... just a little reminder of times passed :)

Frame it; periodically you will want to gaze at it longingly as you seek to return to the good 'ol days.  :)

Tubacap

I remember hearing some chat about making a photo id the only type of id for senior members.  Did this proposal go anywhere?  I didn't see it on the upcoming BoG meeting agenda.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

brasda91

Quote from: Tubacap on February 05, 2010, 11:47:03 PM
I remember hearing some chat about making a photo id the only type of id for senior members.  Did this proposal go anywhere?  I didn't see it on the upcoming BoG meeting agenda.

I would like to see the option to renew with the photo ID, instead of having to purchase it seperately.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Pylon

Quote from: brasda91 on February 07, 2010, 10:03:10 AM
I would like to see the option to renew with the photo ID, instead of having to purchase it seperately.

+1!  It would also save NHQ money.  If I'm going to be ordering a photo ID anyways, save the cost of making me a standard membership card and mailing it to me.  Plus, if I could just add the $4 at the time I renew my membership, it might also save NHQ a few more pennies each time consolidating two credit card transaction fees into one.

I recommended this over a year ago and was told that NHQ was, at that time, implementing a new membership management system on their backend, and they planned on including this change when they rolled that out.  Anybody know if that system switch happened?  If so, why didn't they tighten up the renewals/ID card process?   If not, what's the delay?

IceNine

Quote from: brasda91 on February 07, 2010, 10:03:10 AM
Quote from: Tubacap on February 05, 2010, 11:47:03 PM

Shouldn't be an option.  It should be part of our dues, and they should be using our 55,000+ buying power to get a better quality vendor to produce the cards for less.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Capt Rivera

Quote from: IceNine on February 07, 2010, 06:39:38 PM
Shouldn't be an option.  It should be part of our dues, and they should be using our 55,000+ buying power to get a better quality vendor to produce the cards for less.

Agree 100%. A few years ago when we had this discussion I did some research. For a relatively small investment CAP could have a ID printer or 2 in house where we could make cards with varying levels of features. (High Quality, front and back, color, hologram, Chips, etc...) Return on Investment (ROI) was not long. It would ultimately provide a higher quality ID card at lower cost. The process could be automated in that as long as ink and blank cards were installed (hundreds could be loaded).... the system would print as dictated by spreadsheet or feed from integrated membership management system.

Appeared to be a "no brainer" to me 2-3 years ago and I would only guess that it would be even more cost efficient to do it now.

Sometimes I think CAP thinks its the military in that it pays more to get less to help prop up the economy. Note to CAP - At the National, Regional and maybe even Wing level, we should never pay retail or anything above it!
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

DogCollar

Mine came in the mail yesterday!! :)
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP