Main Menu

CAP NCO Uniforms

Started by adamblank, November 19, 2009, 11:50:11 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: edmo1 on May 19, 2010, 09:47:17 PM
I'm in the same Sqn as CaptainBob and the NCO is also needing to know if the shoulder patches are still worn with the BDU's if they have the full color stripes sewn on.

Pictures would be helpful if anyone can send them to me (PM and I'll give you the email), the base sew shop refuses to sew the shoulder patches and the stripes on because they seem to think it is very wrong.

Sholder patch....i.e. Wing patch is optional.  Your wing may require it.   Check with your chain of command.

As for the Base sew shop........just tell them to do it...I know they are trying to be helpful....but it's not their job to police the regulations.

There are pictures in 39-1 for patch placement.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jimmydeanno

Quote from: edmo1 on May 19, 2010, 09:47:17 PMthe base sew shop refuses to sew the shoulder patches and the stripes on because they seem to think it is very wrong.

I had that same problem with my mess dress. 

"Please sew this blue braid on this officer mess dress." 

"That's not the right one."

"Yes it is.  It's for a Civil Air Patrol uniform."

"But you're supposed to have the silver one."

"Please sew the blue one on."

"It's not correct, you need silver."

"Look, I promise that I won't come back and complain if it turns out wrong, please, just put the blue one on."

"Ok."

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

Quote from: shorning on May 19, 2010, 09:51:49 PM
Quote from: edmo1 on May 19, 2010, 09:47:17 PM...the base sew shop refuses to sew the shoulder patches and the stripes on because they seem to think it is very wrong.

Who cares what they think.  Their job is to do what they are paid to do.  Especially since it's not an AF uniform.

It's also perfectly alright to go to another tailor or even sew them on yourself...

"That Others May Zoom"

MSgt Van

I have some pics I can forward showing my bdu's, and couple other uniforms if you'd like to see how the NCO stuff goes on. Send me your email if interested.