Main Menu

CAP NCO Uniforms

Started by adamblank, November 19, 2009, 11:50:11 PM

adamblank

To all CAP NCO's out there,

Does anyone have a picture of CAP NCO's in any of the following:  Short-sleeve blues, service dress, aviator shirt with gray pants and BDUs.  Pictures of just the uniform configuration are fine.  I am trying to have a good picture for a new CAP NCO in my neck of the woods.

Thank you.
Adam Brandao

MSgt Van

I'll see what I can do. Won't be until next Wed as I've got a "thing" to go to.
If you still need pics , pm me and I'll take some pics. Your NCO buddy can always PM me with questions.

lordmonar

Quote from: adamblank on November 19, 2009, 11:50:11 PM
To all CAP NCO's out there,

Does anyone have a picture of CAP NCO's in any of the following:  Short-sleeve blues, service dress, aviator shirt with gray pants and BDUs.  Pictures of just the uniform configuration are fine.  I am trying to have a good picture for a new CAP NCO in my neck of the woods.

Thank you.

Use the USAF uniform AFI to get pictures of the stip placement.

The only difference between officers and NCO's in CAP is the rank and the fact the NCO's use the hat with the blue pipeing.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Wait, CAP NCO's wear stripes on their Aviator whites?

Doesn't that violate the "no mixing parts" rule?

I guess I never considered this before as there are so few and the ones I've seen wear blues.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

The uniform regulations are sooooooo full of holes it is not funny.

The IG's tried to make a new uniform guide but it never got sent out.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

That kinda shoots a big hole into the issue of military badges on the whites or CSU....

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here you go:

http://wiki.cadetstuff.org/images/3/35/M-sgt-cap.jpg

Looks like former Army; NDSM, Army GCM and marksman's badge.

Check out those sideburns!
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

adamblank

I was looking for current uniforms but thank you for trying.
Adam Brandao

IceNine

Quote from: Eclipse on November 20, 2009, 01:18:12 AM
That kinda shoots a big hole into the issue of military badges on the whites or CSU....

Is it mixing?  They are wearing the stripes as the CAP insignia.  It reflects their military training, and is identical to the AF insignia, but it's CAP insignia.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

Quote from: IceNine on November 21, 2009, 03:13:28 AM

Is it mixing?  They are wearing the stripes as the CAP insignia.  It reflects their military training, and is identical to the AF insignia, but it's CAP insignia.

But they aren't CAP insignia - they are clearly and intentionally USAF grade patches - there's no distinction.
So a uniform which bans military badges and other insignia allows the wear of military grade insignia.

Expedient?  Yes?  Consistent?  No.
(albeit this affects very few members)

"That Others May Zoom"

Gunner C

Quote from: Eclipse on November 21, 2009, 03:26:05 AM
Quote from: IceNine on November 21, 2009, 03:13:28 AM

But they aren't CAP insignia - they are clearly and intentionally USAF grade patches - there's no distinction.
So a uniform which bans military badges and other insignia allows the wear of military grade insignia.

Expedient?  Yes?  Consistent?  No.
(albeit this affects very few members)

Huh?  Stripes are military and bars, leaves, and eagles aren't?

SarDragon

The stripes are clearly and specifically identifiable as USAF. The remainder of the insignia aren't.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MSgt Van

Chevrons on the sleeves of a white aviator shirt are only authorized with the AF blue pants corporate combo. In this uniform senior member "officers" wear the AF blue officer epaulets as well, another distinctive AF uniform insignia.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: MSgt Van on November 21, 2009, 12:25:54 PM
Chevrons on the sleeves of a white aviator shirt are only authorized with the AF blue pants corporate combo. In this uniform senior member "officers" wear the AF blue officer epaulets as well, another distinctive AF uniform insignia.

So with the grey/white do NCO's wear the plain grey epaulette with pin-on grade?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

PHall

Quote from: CyBorg on November 22, 2009, 03:53:39 AM
Quote from: MSgt Van on November 21, 2009, 12:25:54 PM

So with the grey/white do NCO's wear the plain grey epaulette with pin-on grade?

You can get the grey paulet with the NCO grade embroidered on it by calling Vanguard.
They're not in the "regular" catalog but are available by calling Vanguard and asking for them.
(No, I don't know why they're not in the catalog.)

Hawk200

Quote from: PHall on November 22, 2009, 04:42:03 AM(No, I don't know why they're not in the catalog.)

Not very common. They treat those as special requests, and charge accordingly I would imagine.

biomed441

Sorry for the bump in this topic, but figured a bump is better than starting a whole new one on pretty much the same topic.

Problem:

Have a senior member NCO working to get his uniform together and well, there seems to be some debate about the BDU's for NCO's particularly in regards to the NCO stripes on the sleves. Do they use the full color stripes or the subdued BDU stripes. I seem to recall seeing a CAP NCO wearing full color on his BDU's but this was well over 8 years ago. I could go into how horribly 39-1 is written in regards to this but we all know that already.

Actually, any info at all on any of the AF Style uniforms for CAP NCO's would be helpful at this point.

MIKE

Full color with cloth cutouts on the collar. 
Mike Johnston

Eeyore

I'm in the same Sqn as CaptainBob and the NCO is also needing to know if the shoulder patches are still worn with the BDU's if they have the full color stripes sewn on.

Pictures would be helpful if anyone can send them to me (PM and I'll give you the email), the base sew shop refuses to sew the shoulder patches and the stripes on because they seem to think it is very wrong.

shorning

Quote from: edmo1 on May 19, 2010, 09:47:17 PM
...the NCO is also needing to know if the shoulder patches are still worn with the BDU's if they have the full color stripes sewn on.

Of course. 

Quote from: edmo1 on May 19, 2010, 09:47:17 PM...the base sew shop refuses to sew the shoulder patches and the stripes on because they seem to think it is very wrong.

Who cares what they think.  Their job is to do what they are paid to do.  Especially since it's not an AF uniform.