When does the ID card come?

Started by Smoothice, October 05, 2009, 12:31:59 PM

Smoothice

I have received the Senior Member Info package the other day. When does the ID card come? I want to be able to sign in to the education stuff on the CAP website to get some of my level 1 stuff completed.

dhon27

Notice on Eservices dated 9/23/09 FYI:

There will be a temporary delay in membership card delivery as CAP transitions to a new source for card production. We anticipate we will resume shipping cards again shortly after October 5th. At that time we will be able to process all requests for cards that have occurred during the entire period. In the interim, you may obtain a temporary membership card in eServices under "My Info" >> "Review/Edit My Info" >> "Print Temporary Card". This functionality exists in the restricted application named "CAP Personnel Information" as well. We apologize for any inconvenience this transition may present.

ßτε

There is currently a delay for CAP Membership Cards.

You will need to find out from the Personnel Officer or Commander (or actually anyone else at the Squadron) what your CAPID number is. Then when you sign in to eServices, you can print out a temporary membership card.

You would find that by clicking the Review/Edit My Info link in the My Info box on the top of the page.

Smoothice

is there a way of getting that number right from HQ?

IceNine

^ That would be silly.

Use your local command staff for this menial task.  Bothering NHQ for something as simple as a CAPID is definitely overkill.

Heck send me your name and I'll get if for you.

PM would be just fine

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Al Sayre

If you still have the envelope your package came in, your CAPID is probably on the address lable.  It is a 6 digit number beginning with something like 466 or 467 based on the date of your inquiry...

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Cecil DP

According to the note on the CAP web page, The new cards should start production today.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

AirDX

Quote from: IceNine on October 05, 2009, 05:58:16 PM
^ That would be silly.

Why?  Right on the web site is says "To check on the status of a new application, email membershipservices@capnhq.gov".

Which I did when I had the same question.  And got a swift answer.  That's what they are paid to do.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

IceNine

Because there are people locally that can do the same job and not bother people with real work to do.  If there is a question on whether or not you are a member it is best to start with your local commander.

Maybe they didn't send the application.  Maybe you are just being impatient.  Maybe there are a dozen other issues all of which are 1 minute button click checks.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

I'd have to agree.

If anyone should be aware of your membership status its your commander and his staff.
One of the tenants of any paramilitary organization, and even corporate america, is to handle things at the lowest echelon possible.

"That Others May Zoom"