Main Menu

Funniest CAP memory

Started by Daniel, August 05, 2009, 05:00:06 AM

Daniel

I was at encampment;

And the Flight Sargent asked me who our idols were

The other cadets named off "Spaatz, Earhart, Lindbergh, Mitchell."

You know all the good aviation/military related people.

Then it was my turn, begging for originality points I said "Earl Simmons."

I got some looks before a cadet asked who he was.

I looked at him and said "What you never heard of the rapper, DMX?"

Am I the only one finding that somewhat funny?
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

arajca

Not sure if this is the funniest, but it's right up there...

WIWAC, the new Drill Team Commander was announced at a squadron awards ceremony, him being a past cadet commander. The squadron cc stands and announce that C/Lt Col Charles ****** has been selected as Drill Team Commander. Since he didn't really think he would get it, he was somewhat surprised and slow to react. Not seeing him rise, the commander calls out "Up Chuck".  Some folks lost it...

C/Ssgt Mailloux

i got a funnier one.

Charlie flight worshiped chuck norris. every night we would face a chuck norris poster, salute and say, "Good night Chuck norris!"
#1. Chuck norris joke: Oxygen needs chuck norris to live. ;D
C/SrA Mailloux.
Alpha Flight Element Leader.
SER-FL-040 Wildcards.

jimmydeanno

There's no life on Mars because Chuck Norris has already been there.

But, my first encampment I was a flight sergeant [because I was so awesome :) ]

Being my first encampment, I didn't know they did fire drills, so I went to take a shower.  Mid way through my shower, the fire drill starts.

Needless to say, I gave my flight's report with one hand saluting and another holding up my towel...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MSG Mac

For years the MAWG Encampment always started the day after the National Board meetings (and corporate elections) ended. I loved being there and telling the Cadet staff they were wrong when they questioned the cadets on the Chain of Command
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Major Lord

As a Tac, I was marching my flight to the theater on Camp SLO. One cadet piped up from ranks " Lt Lord, permission to speak?" I said "speak" he said, Lt Lord, I have been giving a lot of thought to Jimmy Dean pork sausage!" . I responded with some trepidation, and asked, well Cadet X, what are your thoughts on Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage? Cadet X then launched into an existential musing about JDPS, and among other philosophical queries, wondered aloud whether since JDPS does not have a skin, is it even technically a sausage? These are questions beyond my pay grade.....Naturally, I came to believe that CAP cadets are very different than normal teenagers.....

Later, Cadet X told me that he planned  to join the Army, and wanted to be a Scout Sniper. I was impressed, and asked him; Why?" He told me that he wanted to see the looks on the faces of America's enemies as they knew that they were going to die at the hands of an American Soldier. I still get tears thinking about it....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."