Main Menu

"Senior Awards"

Started by VPI18, July 03, 2009, 02:57:26 PM

VPI18

On my member search report, there's this section that says "Awards" and then "There are no senior awards on file." As I am a cadet, why does it say senior instead of cadet? Oversight? Also, what exactly is supposed to be in this section?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

The report has all the headers if run for senior or cadet. Most seniors have an empty cadet section on their report. A few of us (former cadets turned senior) have both filled in

VPI18

Thanks for the information, sir. But what exactly qualifies as an "award" so that it shows up under the appropriate header?

vento

Quote from: wilhelm147 on July 04, 2009, 03:17:11 PM
Thanks for the information, sir. But what exactly qualifies as an "award" so that it shows up under the appropriate header?

It would show for example the MBRRBN when the SM achieves level 1. Or for example Yeager ribbon when the SM passes the AED test, etc, etc...

Eclipse

Quote from: vento on July 04, 2009, 05:48:24 PMOr for example Yeager ribbon when the SM passes the AED test, etc, etc...

I took that test!

Right afterward my commander said my CAP career was "...about to blow up!"    :D

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

Quote from: Eclipse on July 04, 2009, 06:05:08 PM
Quote from: vento on July 04, 2009, 05:48:24 PMOr for example Yeager ribbon when the SM passes the AED test, etc, etc...

"...about to blow up!"    :D

At 360 Joules?
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

VPI18

Would a Find ribbon show up under this section?

Also, on a related note, who is supposed to put your encampment credit online? Would it show up only as an encampment, or also as a ribbon?

LtCol057

It's been a few years since I went to an encampment, but IIRC the encampment commander has to send a report in to NHQ detailing who attended and should receive credit for the encampment.   It would show up as encampment.  You'd need to do a F2a for the ribbon and get it approved by your commander. 

Cecil DP

Quote from: wilhelm147 on August 30, 2009, 01:42:31 AM
Would a Find ribbon show up under this section?

Also, on a related note, who is supposed to put your encampment credit online? Would it show up only as an encampment, or also as a ribbon?

The "find" ribbon is locally approved so it wouldn't show up, but any Milestone Awards would (Wright, Mitchell, Spaatz, Garber, Wilson, etc).
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Eclipse

Quote from: LtCol057 on August 30, 2009, 01:54:10 AM
It's been a few years since I went to an encampment, but IIRC the encampment commander has to send a report in to NHQ detailing who attended and should receive credit for the encampment.

The encampment commander send a CAPF 20 to the State Director, who, upon deciding that the activity met the criteria, sends it to NHQ.

Quote from: LtCol057 on August 30, 2009, 01:54:10 AM
It would show up as encampment.  You'd need to do a F2a for the ribbon and get it approved by your commander.

I disagree, but only to the extent that a 2a is unnecessary, redundant paperwork.  My position is that this is one of several "self-actualizing" ribbons - once the credit has posted online, you can wear it with no further paperwork necessary.  The Senior PD levels also fall into this category.

There's no point, however, in dragging out a reg to argue with me, since this would be a subjective call of the sitting CC.

"That Others May Zoom"

LtCol057

Eclipse, I'm not gonna cite a reg re: F2a for certain ribbons.  Personally, I feel it's redundant paperwork too, as long as there's a certificate or something in the personnel file showing successful completion of encampment or the senior PD level.  But, we got gigged on a SUI for not having them in the files.   I tried to explain my logic, but didn't work.  Now, rather than doing an individual F2a, I put them on a Personnel Action letter.  Seems to work better.

As a former Wing Personnel Officer, now I try to make sure I have on file a copy of a letter from the sitting Wing CC delegating the authority to award ribbons. 

VPI18

Thank you gentlemen. I've submitted a form 2a for the encampment ribbon, and found out that while "the paperwork was taken care of," a 2a is also required for the find.

While still on eServices, can anyone enlighten me as to whether completion of a PAO workshop is supposed to show up somewhere? I recall that a CAPF 11 was submitted.

SarDragon

Quote from: wilhelm147 on September 02, 2009, 05:04:04 AM
Thank you gentlemen. I've submitted a form 2a for the encampment ribbon,

IMHO, and experience, not required. There is other paperwork that validates wearing the ribbon, such as a certificate given upon completion, and the eServices entry based on the CAPF 20.

Quoteand found out that while "the paperwork was taken care of," a 2a is also required for the find.

In this case, yes.

QuoteWhile still on eServices, can anyone enlighten me as to whether completion of a PAO workshop is supposed to show up somewhere? I recall that a CAPF 11 was submitted.

Probably not. That would show up under "Other" on the form, and isn't really a required PD course. I would probably used a PA to report/record completion vice the CAPF 11.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

VPI18

Quote from: SarDragon on September 02, 2009, 06:48:23 AM
IMHO, and experience, not required. There is other paperwork that validates wearing the ribbon, such as a certificate given upon completion, and the eServices entry based on the CAPF 20.

Well it's been only 11 days since encampment ended, so it isn't up there yet. But I have the cert, which came with the f2a after graduation.