GAWG Member Nominated for Georgia Aviation Hall of Fame

Started by James Shaw, April 01, 2009, 07:15:35 PM

James Shaw

I am pleased to announce that Col. Ben Stone of GAWG has been informed that he will be placed on the ballot for the Georgia Aviation Hall of Fame. He has been a member of CAP for 67 years straight and has had great amount of influence in general aviation and CAP aviation. More info to come as received.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

capchiro

I have known Col. Stone for a long time and heartily offer my squadron and my congratulations and add that it couldn't happen to a nicer person or better CAP member.  This gentleman, and he is, has always been a stickler for uniforms and doing things by the book.  IIRC, he gave primary flight lessons to Chuck Yeager, so I think that means he has the right stuff.  Kudos, Col. Stone, and may all of CAP back you in this matter.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

James Shaw

Quote from: capchiro on April 01, 2009, 07:28:26 PM
I have known Col. Stone for a long time and heartily offer my squadron and my congratulations and add that it couldn't happen to a nicer person or better CAP member.  This gentleman, and he is, has always been a stickler for uniforms and doing things by the book.  IIRC, he gave primary flight lessons to Chuck Yeager, so I think that means he has the right stuff.  Kudos, Col. Stone, and may all of CAP back you in this matter.

Actually it was Alan Shepard  but you are on the right track. He is a great person and definitely a great representative of CAP. I nominated him several years ago and they called me today. I have called him to let him know. When the time comes I am goingt to ask all GAWG members to send emails of support to the museum committee.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)