Drill Team

Started by cadetnelson, April 06, 2006, 10:07:29 PM

cadetnelson

Hi.  I'm new to the CAP and I think being on a drill team looks really cool.  Does the CAP have an extensive level of participation in drill teams or is it rare that a CAP squadron would have one?  Do you have to be a certain rank to be in it?  Thanks for the help.  Sorry if this has been answered before, I'm still trying to figure out how the forum works.   :)
C/Amn Nelson

dwb

Hello, welcome to CAP Talk!

Unfortunately, drill teams in squadrons are fairly rare.  You don't have to be any particular rank to join them.  If there is another squadron nearby that runs a drill team, you can ask to join it, get a little experience, then start one in your unit.

If you have insomnia, you can read all the little details of drill team in the Rules of Engagement.

Before you need to worry about mastering the ROEs, you should get good at doing drill in your squadron, and get a couple promotions in, just to get more adjusted to the program.

Newhall

Also, realize that Drill Team competition goes all the way up to the National level.  It's great fun.  The past 2 years at DC have been great for me.  I'm sure this year in Ohio will be just as fun.
C/2d LT Newhall
Thunderbird Composite Squadron
RMR-UT-067