Main Menu

CAP Public Trust Task Force

Started by RiverAux, January 11, 2009, 03:25:06 PM

tarheel gumby

I think that the Public trust task force could also serve as a liaison between CAP and State/local and Federal law enforcement. As someone pointed out earlier Law enforcement may not have the necessary knowledge about CAP to investagate complaints or violations. This may help with transparency and make sure that we as an organization don't have situations that we are questioned about, without having the answers.
By the way good luck Maj.
Quote from: caphistorian on January 23, 2009, 04:56:55 PM
I have submitted my request to NHQ to be part of this task force.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

FW

Quote from: Cecil DP on January 24, 2009, 01:28:11 PM
In truth about 10 years ago, National Headquarters and several Region and Wing Headquarters were investigated by the USAF OSI which was looking into finances and logistical irregularities. I think CAP is trying to avoid this ever happening again by establishing the Task Force.

As a result of the tumult of 1999, we have new legislation, the Board of Governors and, a Cooperative Agreement and a Statement of work.  We also have an office in the Pentagon which keeps the CSAF informed of happenings with "The Auxiliary".  
The BoG and the Executive Director have a close relationship and, there is oversight between these offices as never before.  CAP follows "Sarbain Oxley" guidelines as a non profit which allows for "anonymous" whistle blower complaints, has appointed a compliance officer at NHQ and, enhanced the authority of the National Controller to review all fiduciary responsibilities of the organization.   Our Logistics and Financial systems are audited every year by independent auditors and, of course, AU.
I seriously doubt we will ever again deal with what happened  back then.  However, there is always a need to improve in all we do.  The "Task Force" will help the commander find ways to improve our standards and practices.